2016 m8000

Wild Bill

Reaction score
I'm looking to get back into sledding. Haven't rode since 2012. Use to ride 2008xp
I have my eye om a couple 2016 M8000 limited.

Can you guys give me some insight into this model and year?
Good and bad, any chronic issues?
Both under 1k km

Thanks

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own the same sled, bought at 400 km and have just over 1000 now. Very happy with it. Also just inspected my pistons and seem on good shape. It goes through oil but never any bog or fowling issues so I’m not concerned with the extra lubricant. Some say that you need to check your air intake to ensure a good seal so you don’t ingest a bunch of moisture, mine seems ok. No belt issues either, just replaced the original and am keeping it for a spare, looks to be in good shape still. Overall very happy with it from my 2013 Pro RMK.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2016 M8000 limited has been good. I did replace the aluminum chaincase gear and removed the auto tensioner in the chaincase. I did have the oil tank seal leak so that had to be resealed and the coolant bottle neck warped. I have the sled geared up and a jaws big shark on it.

Chrisp1

Reaction score
Sold my 2016 m8000 Ltd at the start of this season. Had almost 3000 kms without any issues.
Pros
Reliable Suzuki motor
Team clutches big improvement over past cat clutching
36" ski stance with new spindle design
Last year of thick tunnel material
No ice buildup on tunnel due to no tunnel cooler
Evol shocks on the Ltd are mint (my opinion)

Cons
Wider side panels drag in snow when side hilling steep terain, mine pushed panels into primary a little and rubbed.
Steering post slop, there's some aftermarket fix.
An intermittent bog, mine seemed to happen after a decent and when I would hit throttle to take another pull it would sometime bog then.
No tunnel cooler so scratches down on trail, not a deal breaker.

Other than that, myself and another that rides one, had nothing but good times with this machine.

Top Bottom