best bang for $$$

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering what everyone else thinks, i want a new sled but dont really want to spend $14 on a new one, i really dont even want to spend 10 to be honest, i havent really rode that much in the last few years quite a few actually, i have a 1993 mxz 470 with somewhere around 10 000 km on it, i ride a bit of all types of terrain,(or would like to) i like to jump and bang on it the most, we do have mountains close by but dont really ride much up there for obvious reasons, not sure how much i would go, most of the time we do break our own trail. My dream sled is a 2010 rmk assault closely followed by the new M8, but like i said i dont want to spend that much just wondering what something like a 500 crossfire would be like, it would go (i am guessing here)85% of the places i want to go at under half the price, or should i just wait another year and just get the ultimate. more than anything i just want to ride i dont care if i highmark to be honest not much a hillclimber, i just like getting out and going places i am almost always near powder though.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a couple year old M8 153', lots of power and still short enough to ditch band and wont get stuck in powder

Even look at something like this:

not mine but can give the guy some views

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or a 144" rev would do you just fine,could even go with the 6 hundo ,has a fair bit of jam...

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you look around you can find brand new last years m8's for around 10 grand.

littlehoe

Reaction score
When I was looking they had brand new 09 POOlaris 136 600 dragons around here for that $9500 mark... I am sure if you tried you could talk them down a bit too...

I didn't want to spend much either but then I bit the bullet this year... And now I am being blamed for no snow...oh well...

I priced out a 09 500 crossfire too, and I believe they had it around that $8100-$8500 mark... but I just don't think the 500 would have enough muscle.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have the XFire 6 and rode with a couple XFire 5's last year and really liked the extra 40hp. Pretty sure the 5's are about 84hp and 6's are around 118hp. Only wish i had 1 3/4 track instead of 1 1/4" but the newer ones are on a 141" 1.3" cobra, these are nice rides. L:beer:ove mine

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would look for a couple year old m8...
i had a 08 sno pro goodied up with 1300 miles that i sold for 8000
you can find them cheaper...
good power and reliable.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering what everyone else thinks, i want a new sled but dont really want to spend $14 on a new one, i really dont even want to spend 10 to be honest, i havent really rode that much in the last few years quite a few actually, i have a 1993 mxz 470 with somewhere around 10 000 km on it, i ride a bit of all types of terrain,(or would like to) i like to jump and bang on it the most, we do have mountains close by but dont really ride much up there for obvious reasons, not sure how much i would go, most of the time we do break our own trail. My dream sled is a 2010 rmk assault closely followed by the new M8, but like i said i dont want to spend that much just wondering what something like a 500 crossfire would be like, it would go (i am guessing here)85% of the places i want to go at under half the price, or should i just wait another year and just get the ultimate. more than anything i just want to ride i dont care if i highmark to be honest not much a hillclimber, i just like getting out and going places i am almost always near powder though.

The new Arctic Cat sno pro 500. Gorgeous sled and for ditch banging nobody will be able to catch you, even the guys on the 900's. So it's 10 grand, are you seriously going to put a price point on your happiness :) Cheers

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Arctic Cat sno pro 500. Gorgeous sled and for ditch banging nobody will be able to catch you, even the guys on the 900's. So it's 10 grand, are you seriously going to put a price point on your happiness :) Cheers
the problem with the budget is the rhino i bought in the spring, and the yfz 450 the and endless mods that i have been working on for the last 2 years have just left things a little tight with the new job i started.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem with the budget is the rhino i bought in the spring, and the yfz 450 the and endless mods that i have been working on for the last 2 years have just left things a little tight with the new job i started.

the best time to buy is to buy a snowmobile rental sled in the spring, they sell them out in the spring for like $5000-6000 American and are flawless.

i have a 08 rmk i got in 08, i purchased from a guy that road in the states and blew his sled up rented the new one, loved it and bought it for low.

i bought for a bit over $7000 and he still made some money even after taxes and shipping.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new arctic cat sno pro 500. Gorgeous sled and for ditch banging nobody will be able to catch you, even the guys on the 900's. So it's 10 grand, are you seriously going to put a price point on your happiness :) cheers

X2....... believe me:)

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 Crossfire 6, extended to a 144, 2" challenger, absolutely AMAZING. Smooth riding and enough power to play in the deep stuff. Just my opinion. :d

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an 07 skidoo summit 600 with a 144. Goes most every places, excellent on fuel and can be found for 6 to 7 grand. Really good bang for the buck.

Top Bottom