Best axles for 900 xp

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely driver error on my part. At the Edson rally, I hit a rock or stump and tweaked the front left wheel. Haven't had a chance to look at it, yet. I'm pretty sure my axle is ok, the wheel is leaning in slightly and toed in as well. I didn't see the rock because of glare on my goggles while booting down the trail.
That was a tough rally , it chewed up my front fender .... !

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Rhino axle last week for my XP900 direct from SATV - $318 CDN to put on my doorstep.

I replaced one of my Cobra axles (Houston company).

Turner and gorilla axles - not only are they expensive, but the turnaround time for any free warranty repairs will wipe out your summer.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah , turner to Canada makes no sense ....time & $$
Unless you are a very serious mudder/ racer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True mark Turners are the BEST , but pricey !!!!
I have to say for me the stock canam axles are great !! 1500 k with 30 inch mud tires on a turbo ...ZERO issues .
Same with rays XMR .
As I said before though , most times its driver error /or some piss poor lift kit job ...or both .
Some people can break anything ....even when putzing around !!
Lol

YES your right Nev.... stock axles are really good by can am... but overall its all about THROTTLE CONTROL... knowing when to give her and when you cant... mother nature is always stronger then any metal or steel parts we can throw at her... i have even seen Turners brokin...lol

people have to learn how to use the throttle properly but then if they did .. dealers would go broke in the service department.. lmao
axles only really break when we as humans take our mighty machines thru all this terrain...and then think the machine is superman and can make it thru everything... well it cant, not even Can am.. lol ... there is no hero cookie for getting out of that mud hole even thou 10 of your friends are cheering you along to make it out... wonder is they would do this if they where paying the bills... haha

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I know guys who can ride all summer / never break chit ....
Also a few that average about 3 miles from camp ... Lol
Rider skill
Maintenance
Proper machine set up
All go along ways to alleviate most drive line issues ....
Such things as droop , axle angle , limit straps , articulation etc etc ... Do have an impact on results ...
But there will always be the moron who cranks the wheel full lock , in reverse and pins it , while hopelessly stuck ... And blames the axle company ! Lol
One in every group....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True mark Turners are the BEST , but pricey !!!!
I have to say for me the stock canam axles are great !! 1500 k with 30 inch mud tires on a turbo ...ZERO issues .
Same with rays XMR .
As I said before though , most times its driver error /or some piss poor lift kit job ...or both .
Some people can break anything ....even when putzing around !!
Lol

Yes my stock axles have been great with 30 inch silverback tires.

1600 km and axles not broken

I am trying

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so true guys... haha...

i have never broke a stock axle in all my thousands of km over 9 years now...... and its not cause i run 25 inch tires either... lol
i know when enough is enough and use that heavy thing that sits in the front of the quad and takes up space and only adds weight to the machine... i think its called a " winch " lol

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an outlaw dht axle for my right front on my 2014 maverick max this year, quality seemed there, definitely beefier than stock. Price was decent compared to other aftermarket axles and way cheaper than stock. They have axles for most makes, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a try

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in belief with the throttle control comment,I run turner axels on the front because I think that they take more abuse,costly but good. The other thing that I didn't know about axels is that there is a break in period,you need to warm them up and cool them off a few times before you really put them to the test,it will take a little while to work the bearings in. But just think of that old saying hold my beer I will be right back might not be worth it but makes good video.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh.. did not take long for the abuse lecture to come up... This is a work machine and run by 2 people only respectfully, this is my ride home from the bush as I am always alone. The choice was made to go to the polaris from a can am by vote. While I really like the versatility and ride of the ranger if maintenance is going to be like this I will be very disappointed. The last machines we had were commanders and ran those successfully to 7500 km then belts and clutching became a nightmare. I would not go this route again due to the PIA to maintain the commanders with the mid mount engine. Polaris hands down has serviceability in mind. Its too bad that they send it out with a few weak cheap **** components that make or break the whole machine. Betcha my vote to get into a defender will be reconsidered soon.

Thanks for the replies on the axles...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quality control on the newer popo sxs's is questionable at best ..sadly . Look at the recalls on Rzrs & now Rangers .... Huge issues !
Just to many parts outsourced to the cheapest providers ( China ) ...
The defender like the new X3 is much more maintenance friendly as well by design . I have owned a ranger (900) and a Mav ... No question on the quality of build in favour of the canam . Had great luck with the older popo Rzrs , but the issues & maintenance on the new popo utvs is In a downward spiral ... As evidenced by recall after recall / fires / and STOP RIDE notices ...

Good luck ,on what ever you buy ...!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't waste my money on rhino complete junk IMO! I run outlaw dht on the rear and they are great, pricey but I don't have to worry about them!

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running outlaw dht simply because thats what was available and i found them the same $ as rhino... on my rzr xp so far so good with 30" outbacks however I dont typically have issues breaking axles as I ussually back out of her in time BUT...

Top Bottom