Best UTV for putsing around the yard, and mountain trail riding

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea where this should go, so point me in the right direction if it should be some were, where, wear else.

Anyway- looking at buying a sxs. Most for around the yard, fencing, gardening, stuff like that. Would also be used for trail riding, stuff like that. I had a rzr in the past, but another one would't be as practical yet.

So, do I by a Ranger xp 900, or Wildcat 1000 xt?? Or what??

Thanks

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the John Deere 850 last year. It works for around the yard as it is utility. I've riden Redwater Bruderhim and Stanger hills with it. As well as Ainsworth BC.
In comparison they are expensive lack ground clearance and suspension travel. But I am happy with it. I find it easier to get in and out of compared to the RZR and Wildcat.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the new Yami Wolverine? Not a bad price and a step up from the rhino I would think. :confused:

How wide are they? Where my parents lame lot is. The locals told dad not to go much wider then 50 inches. Mine is 56.5 and there are spots where the left side tires are against the rock face and the left side are an inch over the edge of the trail. Some white knuckle spots there.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty trick ranger 900 for sale soon.... I recommend the ranger 900 , for a lot of varied reasons . For a combo of work and play , the 900 ranger is tough to beat .....

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The can am commander is the way to go if you want a more aggressive machine for on the trails and still have the dump bed and storage for all the work at home. The mule and ranger are great work machines and can hold there own on most trails (lower ground clearance and travel) but don't have the ability of the commander if you like to go faster.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the general , but 24k ..... Yikes !!if you are doing any real work / the ranger is the only real choice ..... And it holds its own very well on the trail....the vision , ease of entrance and cab forward design of the ranger is pretty sweet . Also the stock clutching is very very good .....

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the General too. The loaded one with the full doors, roof, stereo etc. If you don't have the kind of cash then have a good look at rzrgades ranger. It has all the goodies installed already for a lot less cash.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my 900 ranger. Tons of power nice big box and can pull an amazing amount of weight. And will surprise most people on the trail. And as far as price they are priced very well. Just look on kijiji to see how many are for sale, pretty much none so that tells you most guys like them. Most guys I talk to with a commander will try giving it to you lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty trick ranger 900 for sale soon.... I recommend the ranger 900 , for a lot of varied reasons . For a combo of work and play , the 900 ranger is tough to beat .....

This would be a perfect machine.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly..you know...Nevilles 900 ranger is a awesome machine... he is taking the big loss really... cause to build that machine to what it is will cost you big bucks.... so you are getting a killer deal... where else you going to get that ground clearance and that nice car show look all in one... power is good... not like can am but if your just using it around the yard and trail riding with the family or yourself.. it will perform for you... it is a very cool machine once he tells you all that is done to it and posts better pics...

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get a nice 660 rhino for 1/4 the price of anything. If your just going to " putz around" why spend more? I've been running one for many years for just that usage, hauls my stuff, plows my snow starts every time. Dosnt go fast but it will chew through a mud hole if needed. Parts and upgrades are cheap.

Top Bottom