Best axles for 900 xp

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am looking for suggestions on what you have used as the best replacement axles on a 2016 900xp ranger. 1000 miles on unit. Right rear outboard is toast so I have replaced with a demon because that's what they had in stock. Anyways do I rebuild the stocker or ditch it and just buy more stout ones next round. Looks like this is going to be a repeat situation for left side soon. Are the demons the answer or is there a better option?
Thanks

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try dual precision axles , great axle , great warranty . Sayler motor sports ... Lacombe.
Had them on my ranger ... 0 issues . Stock are terrible ...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the saylor axles he sells are good price, no warranty at all, can't get replacement cv joint, and the boots are next to impossible to replace, i purchased all four sides, broke all four in a year, no warranty! I have a stock front axle that is holding up much much better. rear not so much! i run rhino axles, have only broken one in 2 yrs, had another that the large clip that holds the cv joint on the axle come apart, axle and cv joint still good, the old Bamm atv, is selling new rhino axles in blackfalds with 1 yr warranty for the same price as these magical no warranty precision POS.:D

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The precision are great , but they don't cover driver error ...lol
Zero issues on mine and way cheaper than rhino....
Utv Canada does carry a couple of new brands of axles that are working out well too..
Most axle failures are driver induced failure / or lift kits gone wrong ....
Other than Polaris stock axles & wheel bearings .. They are complete junk !

Any quality axle is an improvement over the tooth pick popo garbage they come with stock ... Though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely driver error on my part. At the Edson rally, I hit a rock or stump and tweaked the front left wheel. Haven't had a chance to look at it, yet. I'm pretty sure my axle is ok, the wheel is leaning in slightly and toed in as well. I didn't see the rock because of glare on my goggles while booting down the trail.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rhino axles would have been replaced no questions asked. free of charge in first 90 days, then 9 months for $60. you would be ahead of any double p axle warranty real quick. check the warranty on any axles you are interested in, before you buy them. rhino axles are not the best, but you have to decide if breaking an axle is cheaper than a trans or front diff. ask a crap load of questions before you buy! warranty against manufacturing defects is not worth the paper it is written on.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree check utv Canada they have a selection of a few good brands

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i purchased a rhino axle this spring from SATV. was $199 plus shipping, in my hands in 5 days of ordering, cost me $265 to my door canadian. best deal on the internet. shipping has gotten cheaper as they don't use ups now. you can also get boots and CV joints if you so desire.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you asked for the BEST.. so here is the best... TURNER AXLES.... but you will pay large for the best... all the rest of the aftermarket axles i have seen broken and just dont last... Turner cycles has the number one axle on the market.. no one comes even close...all other axles are really junk when you compare a Turner.. i have seen Turners taken apart and compared to you name it and there is just no comparision... Turner has a one and two year warranty too... best in the business... gorilla axles are not bad but Turners are the best period... open your wallet thou... lol

here is there web site... be sitting down when you look at there pricing....haha

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just checked the SATV site there axles are still $199, plus shipping, us$ $250 plus $20 shipping cdn$ +/-.

good deal, takes 5 days to get here+/-. dealers in alberta are out to lunch on what they are charging:confused: for the same axle. order direct.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
199 X1.33 plus credit card charge plus shipping and duties ??
199 X 1.33 =265 + shipping /handling.

1 $ for shipping I guess ...lol
Easier and cheaper just to support our local retailers IMO .
I can get dual precision axles in 24 hrs for 215 $ , if you want a deal ... About same quality as rhinos .
Lots of options out there now too....
I like to support the dealers who support the sport / S&M / and our local economy ....IMO

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup still same warranty, open box policy, open box warranty is over.

think i will stay away from any double doo doo. from my experience listening to dumb advice. get the axle with the best warranty, whichever axle you purchase?

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you asked for the BEST.. so here is the best... TURNER AXLES.... but you will pay large for the best... all the rest of the aftermarket axles i have seen broken and just dont last... Turner cycles has the number one axle on the market.. no one comes even close...all other axles are really junk when you compare a Turner.. i have seen Turners taken apart and compared to you name it and there is just no comparision... Turner has a one and two year warranty too... best in the business... gorilla axles are not bad but Turners are the best period... open your wallet thou... lol

here is there web site... be sitting down when you look at there pricing....haha

True mark Turners are the BEST , but pricey !!!!
I have to say for me the stock canam axles are great !! 1500 k with 30 inch mud tires on a turbo ...ZERO issues .
Same with rays XMR .
As I said before though , most times its driver error /or some piss poor lift kit job ...or both .
Some people can break anything ....even when putzing around !!
Lol

Top Bottom