Best 4x4 Pipe ??

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
What do you guys think is the best pipe out there for your 4x4?
I am waiting for a Big Gun for my Polaris 800. But I may be too old to ride by the time I get it.
Anyone running anything else?
I am also wondering what works on the Suzuki King Quad 700.

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
For my Sportsman 800 the Big Gun will give me better mid range power and add a claimed 3.5 horsepower. It is a single exaust so I loose a few pounds of steel by eliminating the dual exaust. nything to shave some wieght from this tank!! I will fine tune the engine with the Dynojet Power Commander.
I'm just wondering what people are using on thier quads already. The selection for utility atv exaust seems to be limited. Just want to know what is out there. Thanks for the feed back!

Tweaker 660

RIP Jan 16,2009
Reaction score
I am using the pro-circuit on my 04 Grizz. Works good with mods lots of air flowing. Very loud though. When I bought mine the guy said the best pipes were the the pro circuit and the Big Gun but both are loud. Have also rode with a guy using a White Brothers works good with a nice sound. Hmf claims big numbers but I have not used one personally. Stocks sucks Go Big.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a custom one made for my grizz by NEILS power pipes in Edmonton

Absolutly love it. Plus price was right

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mid-range for the 800 is a no brainer - Aaen all the way. You get all of 55 ft-lbs of torque from something like 3200 RPM to 5400 RPM. Defintely noisier, but not to bad. And as light (aluminum) or lighter than anything out there. The only bad thing is they will stain badly with the muskeg we have out here, but a little rub down with scotch bright shines it up again. As with any pipe I suggest some clutch mods as well.

James at Northstar in Edson has this pipe on his 800 and I have a Aeen on my Scrambler if you want to have a listen.

Gmoney

Reaction score
I got and oem pipe on mine and it sounds great and added a few extra horse power and also lost those dual exhaust system on their

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
Mid-range for the 800 is a no brainer - Aaen all the way. You get all of 55 ft-lbs of torque from something like 3200 RPM to 5400 RPM. Defintely noisier, but not to bad. And as light (aluminum) or lighter than anything out there. The only bad thing is they will stain badly with the muskeg we have out here, but a little rub down with scotch bright shines it up again. As with any pipe I suggest some clutch mods as well.

James at Northstar in Edson has this pipe on his 800 and I have a Aeen on my Scrambler if you want to have a listen.

Thanks. I have heard good things about the Aeen. I want to keep the noise down. I love the sound of the Big Gun, I just can't get my hands on one! Most of the pipes I have looked into drop off power after 5000 rpm.

What do you suggest for clutching on the 800? It would be great to get it to pull harder, faster. Like the BRP!! I do not want to sacrifice top end.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the pipes on the 800 will drop off on torque at 5000 or so because of the cam overlap. The 800 is built to make bottom and mid range torque.

Avoid the dual systems that are out there; they will kill the top end hp unless you find a way to shorten the mid pipes by about a foot.

Get the belt deflection correct and then tune the clutch to hold the upshift at 4800 rpm. Tune secondary to get the backshift you like. Find a primary spring that will launch you as hard as you like, without changing the shiftout weight too much. Weights to keep your RPM at 4800 until full shiftout at WOT. Add a wheelie bar if you get too aggressive with the secondary spring:chicken:. The HPD web site has good spring charts if you need them. The OEM helix works well; don't replace it.

One thing to remember about this engine: Hp drops 10hp from 6000 (55HP) to 6200RPM (45HP).

charity650

Reaction score
I have a HMF on my Cat, it sounds great and gave quit a bit of torque. I went with slightly bigger jets a 125 on the front and a 128 on the back. I also have a big wheel clutch kit in it so it pulls really hard, no problem doing wheelies. my bottom end and mid range is awesome. I lost some top end but I don't care about that, I like the power..

Top Bottom