Bent Frame Troubles

PapaGNO

Reaction score
Hi I recently had an oopsy with my side by side and dropped it off the trailer driving down a secondary highway. I actually got pretty lucky and didn't find a whole lots of damage. My front passenger side A-arm and Tie rod were both pooched. I replaced both and gave it a wheel alignment and found that my tire was now rubbing on the front passengers side. After further investigation I found my frame had a v bend in it about a .50 inch thick width. I was just wondering if anyone had some good ideas on how to straighten it. I took it to the auto body shop in town and he couldn't do anything. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.​

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This part? image.jpg I just found this pic online didn't take any of mine this rzr's hole arm is shifted in but I'm just focusing on the gusset pushing directly back into the frame.

I bought my 800s with a tweaked frame the square tubing is super thin and upon impact the gusset pushes the steel tube in making it look like a V. The front part can be cut out just strip the front bumper/floor/and anything else in the way cut the part out by following the welds (there a 45 degree angle I think just follow welds) and put new heavy square tubing back in. There is 2 small round tubes that run thru this front square tubing just weld them to the back of the new square stock you will put in. Mine was done this way by a welding shop and cost me 700$ I would of done it my self but I was working and wanted it for the following weekend. If you don't have insurance this is a pain but your rzr in far from wrecked a few hours a grinder and a welder buddy u will be on the trail again in no time.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you at? I would help a guy out if you needed a welder. I can fix just about any metal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Where you at? I would help a guy out if you needed a welder. I can fix just about any metal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's true, I've seen his work..... and have another weld that needs done........ NEIL!!!!!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil can fix it. He has done lost of repairs. Great work.

PapaGNO

Reaction score
I never actually looked there but that defineatly could be the problem. the part i thought was bent the auto body guy said was pretty straight. Maybe this is where my problem is stemming from to begin with. thanks.

Top Bottom