Belt side rod bearing

Koski975

Reaction score
Is anyone having any issues with 2015 800 pro rmk keeping a rod bearing in there sled? have 450 miles on sled one top end and the same rod bearing twice now. Getting alots of oil down there.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having any issues with 2015 800 pro rmk keeping a rod bearing in there sled? have 450 miles on sled one top end and the same rod bearing twice now. Getting alots of oil down there.

Are the lower rod bearings blue? Both mine and buddy had failure within 10 days of each other. Mine had oiler turned up 2 turns.

Koski975

Reaction score
Are the lower rod bearings blue? Both mine and buddy had failure within 10 days of each other. Mine had oiler turned up 2 turns.

Yeah the first time blue as well as the second time. The second time seized that rod bearing up. Have oiler turned up 3 turns and had oil in gas for breakin. Hopefully fourth time the charm. lol

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost the same bearing just before x-mas this year. Probably 1600km or so at that point. Oiler turned up to 40:1 after the first few rides. Fixed under warranty and I was a little disappointed Polaris had them rebuild it rather than replace long block. Only the case halves and head were reused. Then about eight rides later the main bearing right behind the clutch went. This also caused it to go lean and seize that hole because the seal got pushed out. Another Polaris warrantied rebuild this time with a head too. Bill would have been $6k if I had to pay them to do it.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost the same bearing just before x-mas this year. Probably 1600km or so at that point. Oiler turned up to 40:1 after the first few rides. Fixed under warranty and I was a little disappointed Polaris had them rebuild it rather than replace long block. Only the case halves and head were reused. Then about eight rides later the main bearing right behind the clutch went. This also caused it to go lean and seize that hole because the seal got pushed out. Another Polaris warrantied rebuild this time with a head too. Bill would have been $6k if I had to pay them to do it.

You should just come back to the dark side James...

Top Bottom