Beadlocks

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna put beadlock rims on my S x S, are some better than others, which ones are best ? Are they like tires, everyone has different opinions ?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is lots of different designs of beadlocks. A double beadlock(clamps front and rear bead) is far better than a single bead lock(clamps only front bead), Not sure if you can get a double beadlock in quad sized rims though?

Double Beadlock:

Single beadlock:

218012.jpg

Last edited:

togo ripper

Reaction score
You can get doubles but very expensive at 350 a piece, I like the msa loks looks wise

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you really dont need the inside bead except for easy removal of the tire.... but you asked for the best? That would be OMF wheels... no better on the market... 3 piece design and you can get them built with custom offset if you wish... you can also choose colors of a three parts of the rim... but expensive... sit down when looking at the US price...lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
STI makes very good well priced beadlock. It's all you need . Don't waste your money on double bead locks... You don't need them.... Talk to Kevin at rapid: STI.......

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree on a Quad or SxS you probably don't need double bead locks, as It is harder to lose the inside bead.

On a heavier vehicle, like a rock buggy, or a trophy truck with big HP they lose the inside bead lots and thats why
they make double bead locks. The tire can be in shreds but it will still be clamped to the rim

bead locks are used to do just that, lock the bead on the rim. What sounds "better" to you, clamping one bead or both?

I would believe Kiwk Racing inc when he says you don't need it on a quad, as he is a big quad time quad racer and knows his chit.

But if you are looking for "the best" for a SxS i don't see any valid argument that single is better in any way than double besides "thats what I have, and there the chit"

But what ev.

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
double is nice but no one in the quad racing world uses them... when you get into big full size buggies and trucks then a double is needed... or even in drag racing a double is needed.... i mean it does not hurt to get a double for your sxs or quad but again the best wheel manufacturer in the world ... which is OMF and then Hiper Wheels dont do double beads for quads and sxs... but again you pay for quality and no one can match the quality of the OMF rims... period... you can get OMF to make you a double if you want and it does not hurt to run them on your sxs..... most rims look like they belong in a car show and not in the mud... i think the rims from the link i posted are some of the best looking rims around ... and i dont even own them... cause as a fast woods rider i like the stock offset...all others space out your machine up to 2 inches or more wider and that plays with handling characteristics and with fitting thru tight places... not to mention the wider you go the sooner your ball joints, tie rod ends... wheel bearings and suspension bushings wear out prematurely .... but to each there own....

the other thing i want to say is that a 14 inch rim or bigger is more for show then function... for general trail riding and mudding for the weekend warrior ... sure use them but a 12 inch rim gives you way better performance in that the tire has more damping with the extra rubber and gives you more traction... any organized racing leagues including all mud racing is done on a 12 inch rim.... the 14 inch rim is more for bling bling... look at all the skeg guys like Real time ATv and Chris Black and David, Ostacruiser in Saskatchewan there... all use a 12 inch rim if your a serious rider....

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah those OFM wheels do look pretty slick:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are just too damn expensive man.... but you want the best.. you got the best... just open the wallet...is nt it like that with everything performance...hehe

Isnt that the truth. The Performance UTV market is fairly new, wait till you start seeing 300hp+ utv's with titanium this and carbon fiber that.

These Ti Ujoints are 500$ each. Its on my bucket list to race the Baja1000. Trophy trucks are out of my budget, but I might be able
to swing it in a fast azz UTV!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thent this would be up your alley...... thats a nice U joint by the way......anyways... two of my friends that i have talked to for some years now and now met 2 years straight here down at the CMR>>
Championship Mud RAcing in texas and louisianna. are Dustin Jones of S3 and Shane Dowden that manages Rock Powersports out of Shrevport LA and races for S3 ... are two of the best pro mud racers for can am and polaris...

The S3 TEam got a full CAn am sponsership for BEST IN THE DESERT RACING SERIES which includes the BAJA 1000.... They are doing a race by race summary in video of Visions of Victory.... great videos to watch and awesome footage... both of these guys are super to be with... its like a close knit family down there ... i talk to Dustin quite regularly .... here is video 1 2 and 3 of the first three Brutal races...
this is some great watching and a grueling series.... enjoy....

https://youtu.be/SVbNnmNWXVg
https://youtu.be/rM4XIHOyTXY
https://youtu.be/xHiT55WQEDQ

Last edited:
Top Bottom