Beadlock rims

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to how hard it is to change tires on a beadlock rim? Is it as easy as taking of the beadlock ring, sliding off the tire and sliding the new tire on the bolting the ring back on? or is is harder than that? I want to do this myself tonight so just curious if it is as hard as a normal rim or not...

Thanks,
Ryan

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They weren't that easy... i took the ring off then i had to break the bead off the inside of the rim so i put the rim on the ground, leaned a piece of wood up against the rim and drove my truck up the piece of wood to pull the bead away from the inside beadlock haha... worked pretty good actually... then just slide the new tire back on... then the tough task of getting the new tire to get over the inside beadlock... well this is where hairspray and OFF come in real handy... did it the old fashioned style... lighter up and she pops the bead right over that inside bead lock... took awhile but i got er done.

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
good stuff, im going to get a tire machine from princess auto for $65.00, better than paying to get tires mounted. i just use stock rims though.

Top Bottom