BC Avalanche

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was work related surveyors ,thats what i got anyway.I agree some of these news articles are written very poorly .Not that I could do any better!!!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The avalanche itself was pretty small. Only enough to sweep him off his feet and over the cliff. He was not burried but died from the fall. No snowmobile involved.

What troubles me about this type of reporting is that there was a death involving an avy, and how quickly the press jumps to some information regarding snowmobiling...? I realize that the sled incident they referred to was early season, such as this latest one, but this constant assault on our sport needs to stop!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are over reacting. It just compared it to last year's first fatality.

I am sure they would have said skiers if it was skiers.

What troubles me about this type of reporting is that there was a death involving an avy, and how quickly the press jumps to some information regarding snowmobiling...? I realize that the sled incident they referred to was early season, such as this latest one, but this constant assault on our sport needs to stop!

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of the news stories edited their stories within a day or two of the accident. They pulled the paragraph or two about sled fatalities. They may have gotten some complaints about how the story sounded 50% about sledding.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
34 people drowned in july and august alone !!!

could you imagine the media ch!t show if 34 sledders died betwen october and june !!!

• Thanks
Reactions: LID
Top Bottom