BC and deleted truck

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431187013.935173.jpg

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i spent the afternoon with Commercial vehicle Auditor on monday and i got to see the new up coming inspection book and all you guys and girls that have Deleted trucks i hate to say it your going to have huge issues. They are looking for everything right down to the last bolt on the emission components. heres few pages from it i was able to get pics of.

Attachments

• IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3826.jpg
    IMG_3826.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 330

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 3/4 and 1 ton diesel pickups will be checked by the DOT? Even if doing obvious non-commercial trips? Are they going to pull over my Jetta TDI and give me grief about no EGR?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all stems from Ford not fixing their screwed up engine design. Without the egr delete I doubt you would get 100,000k out of the engine, and have to shell out 22000 dollars for a new one.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So 3/4 and 1 ton diesel pickups will be checked by the DOT? Even if doing obvious non-commercial trips? Are they going to pull over my Jetta TDI and give me grief about no EGR?
Any vehichle traveling on the road can be pulled over by CVSE and be subject to inspection, doesnt have to be a commercial vehicle, all they need is just cause, light out, worn tires, unusual driving patterns. At this point its really a non issue, they dont pull over many civilians.

What is going to be a real problem for vehicles with altered emmission systems is reselling or trading them in. Dealers have to ensure they are not tampered with before reselling so they will insect before making a deal, you will either have to return it to stock or the dealer will discount the value by the cost of fixing it.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm, I'm wondering why this is even a discussion. Drive an illegal car or truck on the highway and be prepared to pay the price someday. Any removal of exhaust/engine emissions equipment is illegal, no matter what the year. Including turbo back exhaust systems cause the cat was removed.

I know a fellow that put his KW back to stock cause he couldn't afford the risk of getting caught.

Most provinces will not allow a new glider kit truck with a older pre-emissions engine in it either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about moving to BC with a deleted truck from Alberta? Vehicle inspection they will see it's deleted prolly won't pass??

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gotta pick the right facility most are looking for safety issues not a aftermarket exhaust

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Any vehichle traveling on the road can be pulled over by CVSE and be subject to inspection, doesnt have to be a commercial vehicle, all they need is just cause, light out, worn tires, unusual driving patterns. At this point its really a non issue, they dont pull over many civilians.

What is going to be a real problem for vehicles with altered emmission systems is reselling or trading them in. Dealers have to ensure they are not tampered with before reselling so they will insect before making a deal, you will either have to return it to stock or the dealer will discount the value by the cost of fixing it.

I have been pulled over 5km east of revy in a CVSE check stop. They had both lanes blocked and were stopping everyone. If you had sleds on a deck or was hauling anything they pulled you into the pull off and weighed us. Also looked under the truck for something. Never asked what they were looking for as it didn't really cross my mind. Maybe exhaust system. Also good thing I have a long box as they did measure my overhang. 2" to spare on my 163. My 174 would be over for sure now though

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been pulled over 5km east of revy in a CVSE check stop. They had both lanes blocked and were stopping everyone. If you had sleds on a deck or was hauling anything they pulled you into the pull off and weighed us. Also looked under the truck for something. Never asked what they were looking for as it didn't really cross my mind. Maybe exhaust system. Also good thing I have a long box as they did measure my overhang. 2" to spare on my 163. My 174 would be over for sure now though

Keeping my new truck stock an the new deck will have the extension and lights. Leave earlier, drive 100kph and no issues. 800# of torque - exactly how much more do you need??

Ooooooh you need to roll coal in your white oakleys to be a cool Oilbertan!
Delete at your own risk.

How many extra MPGs do you really get and what is the cost of the delete? How many 1000s of km to break even?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Keeping my new truck stock an the new deck will have the extension and lights. Leave earlier, drive 100kph and no issues. 800# of torque - exactly how much more do you need??

Ooooooh you need to roll coal in your white oakleys to be a cool Oilbertan!
Delete at your own risk.

How many extra MPGs do you really get and what is the cost of the delete? How many 1000s of km to break even?

Deck extensions on a do not count. They measure from the vehicle tail lights to the farthest point back.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrong, if the extension has 3 red lights at the back than the measurement is from the lights to the end of the load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrong, 5 red lights, one at each rear corner, and 3 in the center.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cop told me three is the min.
If yah really want to worry about lights any truck with a sled deck with the sides out or hauling a trailer wider than 8ft wide has to have clearance lights on the cab.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does a delete cost?????
When done at a shop.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does a delete cost?????
When done at shop.

Depends on the year and the type of delete.

My 07 cummins would of been 2200 for a pipe and the sensors. No chip needed for that kit.

Top Bottom