Baltimore bridge collapse

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I think these types if incidents are increasing in occurrence though. Lots of incompetent people holding very important roles nowadays.
oh for sure not arguing that. I'm just saying that this isn't a one off thing. more speaking to all the theories on what happened or it being planned. ships lose power and control and run into chit all the time. but you're right it doesn't help that the engineer probably passed based on attendance or equity rather than good grades and knowing his trade.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was a planned attack. Wouldnt say that is impossible either.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was a planned attack. Wouldnt say that is impossible either.
Warren Buffet and Gates might have done it. They own all the trains. Business is about to pick up for them. Way easier to blame to a chitty captain than actually find out what really happened.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warren Buffet and Gates might have done it. They own all the trains. Business is about to pick up for them. Way easier to blame to a chitty captain than actually find out what really happened.

That is as good of theory as anyone else's that ive seen here.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched a video of a chief engineer who is on charge of a similar ship, he went through the systems and said it is hard to understand how complete a failure happened. The ship is designed for redundancy.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I also saw a video (random guy with backwards hat) who said the same guy that cashed in insurance on twin towers had a yuuuge insurance policy on this bridge. I'm sure that's just a coincidence or conspiracy.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I also saw a video (random guy with backwards hat) who said the same guy that cashed in insurance on twin towers had a yuuuge insurance policy on this bridge. I'm sure that's just a coincidence or conspiracy.
or possibly just not true.........or maybe true......

all I know is you hear about ships losing power all the time. the Great Lakes alone report an average of 20 occurrences a year with many of those resulting in collisions. ships don't have "black boxes" they have a data recorder but its not set up like a plane because most systems on a ship don't all integrate together and don't have the redundancies. the data recorder only records input to the ships helm and power systems and they don't have back up power so they go down when the power does. also its not like these ships coming from other countries around the world are seeing much for maintenance aside from the minimum to keep them running so 1/2 of their chit probable doesn't work in the first place.....

you may ask your self how. "how would he even know".......welpView attachment 281725

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Billionaire Larry Silverstein held the policy on the twin towers. The State of Maryland appears to be the insurer for the Baltimore bridge. They have a policy for 1.5 billion and it’s expected the cost to replace will be between 3-4 billion. Gonna be a shortage. Maybe Silverstein will help out.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Billionaire Larry Silverstein held the policy on the twin towers. The State of Maryland appears to be the insurer for the Baltimore bridge. They have a policy for 1.5 billion and it’s expected the cost to replace will be between 3-4 billion. Gonna be a shortage. Maybe Silverstein will help out.
the claim will probably fall more on the ships insurer which is Britannia. but given the amount it will likely be shared between them and their reinsurers.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Bidon said he will ask congress to assist and get this built.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched a video of a chief engineer who is on charge of a similar ship, he went through the systems and said it is hard to understand how complete a failure happened. The ship is designed for redundancy.

In theory yes, but I spent 31 years as an electrician in a pulp mill that was also designed for redundancy. Didn't stop me from spending more nights than I care to remember trying to get it running again after it failed.

Top Bottom