Bait Sled

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you catch someone stealin ur chit you have every right to protect your property and yourself with using as much force as necessary....it's right in the criminal code.

Someone who's stealin ur stuff could possibly have some sort of a weapon in case they do get caught so it's all in how you perceive the threat.

Justice system is a joke so don't depend on it.

True to an extent. Key is "Necessary Force". You, not the criminal will likely have to prove that you didn't use "Unecessary force" to restrain him. Twice now I've been lucky catching guys stealing my stuff. First my stereo out of my car and second time my bike. First time I simply yanked the A$$hole out my car, slammed him against the vehicle parked beside mine and restrained him. The Cop told me 'next time lay a beating on him because that is all he will get for punishment". Second time did as instructed (DAM was that fun). The cop showed up, I was sitting on the dude's back, he's face down on the pavement, bleeding from every orifice in his cranium. Cop showed up and asked "did you do that to him"? I' replied "yes" thinking I was now in big Chit. The cop replied..."good, cause that's all he's gonna get for for stealing a bike". So I guuess I'm saying it also depends on the mood of the Cop that shows up too. I lost my mind catching a dork stealing my bike..... I'm not sure how I would react catching someone stealing my sled: beer:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents .... Love the Bait sled idea. Make it a stock 08 Xp 800... let the bugger ride it for a couple hundred miles after he lifts it, once he has had to put 6 belts on it at $130.00 ea. he'll never steal another sled again. Kind of like a Deterence thing? LOL

Just kidding.... have'nt been on here in a while and thought I would just bug some of you again!

I hate the low life dogs that steal all the good peoples stuff just like the rest of you :)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there are more than one of you that beat the POS thief into the pile of scum he is you have witnesses that can say it didn't happen.........just sayin:cool:

it has happened before, as a few of us can attest to. if you steal it and get caught, to bad for you. if you get caught by us, really to bad for you. west twin bridge never looks good from the bottom looking up.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents .... Love the Bait sled idea. Make it a stock 08 Xp 800... let the bugger ride it for a couple hundred miles after he lifts it, once he has had to put 6 belts on it at $130.00 ea. he'll never steal another sled again. Kind of like a Deterence thing? LOL

Just kidding.... have'nt been on here in a while and thought I would just bug some of you again!

I hate the low life dogs that steal all the good peoples stuff just like the rest of you :)

I've said it before but it bears repeating: the best theft deterrent is a Cat tarp....be sort of like a car thief stealing a Yugo....:d:d:d:d

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all you have to do is carry a wooden bat around with you. then when you catch the guy pull out the bat and leave a beating on him, then you burn the bat. no weapon no prints no proof.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all you have to do is carry a wooden bat around with you. then when you catch the guy pull out the bat and leave a beating on him, then you burn the bat. no weapon no prints no proof.

Yeah, but there's always that chance that the bat could break, then you're forced to stab them with the broken pieces, which means you get their blood on you.....makes clean up a little harder, I hate scrubbing the stains out, its amazing how much bleach you have to use (someone told me once)....

I've always preferred the feel of aluminum on skin anyway, there's just something about the way it sounds, a quick "thud", not too loud, but with just the right hint of "ting".

Anyway - I'm just sayin'..... :D

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
I know how it feels, wake up in the morning:confused: and truck, trailer and two sleds gone.:rant: Revy Smokey Bear Inn. Feb 2006. Not a good feeling.:( Good thing had other buds their to put the thumb out and say HELP need a ride home.:) New 10 days old. Thats the reason to run insurance.:d But yep if you catch one, take them up on the hill and do what needs to be done to get a little frustration out.:p And let them walk out in the middle of the night.:eek: Don't pay to let the local RCMP lay charges, because most get a slap on the wrist. And are known for theft all the time.
But seriously, just give them attitude ajustment, and phone the RCMP and say they fell while running away.;) Just my 2cents of unhappy sledding weekend. But bait sleds, Great for a try. But they should keep it out of the public so they are not aware of it going to happen.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am one of those who did catch the thieves. A couple years ago in Mcbride we were staying at the NC lodge, and about 11:30pm a couple of my friends notice my sled trailer missing from my truck. We knew it must have just happen...between smoke breaks. So me and 2 other load up in my truck follow the tracks out of the parking lot heading to Prince George. After about 70km down the road we catch up to them. As we came up behind them they pulled off the road into a logging road staging area, we pull right up beside them. The driver looks at us then pins it down the logging road, with us right on there tail. About 12 km down the road there was a wood barricade crossing the road they blasted right through it. The whole time we are arming ourselves with basically a tire changing kit..not really sure what we are going to be up against or how many! On a side note: it was my wife's F150 and let me put it this way my friends found goods that will help stop the bleeding...even heavy flow!..lol, yeah I was a little red in the face, and now not just from anger. Anyways back to the story 1 km after the barricade the road was out, and 2 guys got out of the truck the three of us chasing them and then they leap into the creek, at -12 that stopped us. So we returned to the trucks. I am about to unhook my trailer and my buddy says lets take there truck and leave them here...Great Idea. So that's what we did, got back to the highway just as the RCMP show up, it turns out that the truck they were driving was stolen the night before in Valemont. A couple hours later the K9 unit shows up and we go back down the logging road and catch the two guys, one of them was chewed on pretty good by the dog, that was great watching! along with a 2ft maglite to the head...hehehe.

As it turns out the one was 19 the other 23 years old, the 23 yrs old had many priors and did 3 months in Jail the other had to be on good behavior for 1 year. What a joke that was thief over 50,000! and like said before on here "a slap on the wrest!"

Anyways we were able to get our sleds back and go riding the next day, this was a situation that turned out good, it could have easily gone another way....Speeding on icy roads, up against someone with a gun who really knows!:d

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 months ago a couple of guys in town walking around looking at stuff that didn't seem right, called the RC's, took a bit to find them but did and they took off out eddy rd. ditched the truck and were caught. Nos, it was the same guy, the 19 year old. Pete The Heat remembered him. charge this time was poss. stolen prop. and a couple of others. truck stolen from edmonton, headed back to PG. Jail time this time for him.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that's something, goes to show that they need to be a lot tougher on these guys, try to stop the second offense altogether!:d

Top Bottom