Bait Sled

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a rumour that there will be bait sleds in B.C. this season.
Sounds like they'll be in Motel parking lots and out at staging areas.

On another thought, it would be nice to see a sticky with just pics and write ups of stolen gear.

Cheers
Chris

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice if that bait sled was connected to about 30 feet of tripwire and 3rounds of c4

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME:)...... CATCH THE LITTLE B@ST@RDS:mad:, BUT, THEN AGAIN IT WOULD BE LIKE OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM TO LET THEM GO ON SOME LITTLE TECHNICALITY:mad::nono:............................. SHOOT THE JERKS!!!!:eek:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An eye for an eye , or your hand for my sled. Missing one hand might make for an insteresting ride:eek:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was talking to someone last year at the allan cabin in valemount. he had his machine taken right from the cabin and taken down the trail and into the back of a truck. pretty risky....if he would have seen them leaving it wouldnt be hard to catch them.

either way. all these parking lots need monitoring. or bait sleds. its about time. last year was terrible.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME:)...... CATCH THE LITTLE B@ST@RDS:mad:, BUT, THEN AGAIN IT WOULD BE LIKE OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM TO LET THEM GO ON SOME LITTLE TECHNICALITY:mad::nono:............................. SHOOT THE JERKS!!!!:eek:

Well there would be lots of back country around so a busted thief could mysteriously go missing. The possibilities are endless, I like your way of thinking here.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it only takes a bunch of crows and ravens to make someone suspicious and find the body

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So they catch them...so what?
The thieves get a slap on the wrists and are back in business.
Theft is not considered a high priority (IMO) for the courts.

If you catch them yourself and lay a hand on them then you are charged with assault. Chances are you will get beat up in court worse that they will. Now you have a criminal record to boot.

Our justice system is set up so everyone is treated equal which means even the guilty get treated well...we end up the losers.

JMO :twocents:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So they catch them...so what?
The thieves get a slap on the wrists and are back in business.
Theft is not considered a high priority (IMO) for the courts.

If you catch them yourself and lay a hand on them then you are charged with assault. Chances are you will get beat up in court worse that they will. Now you have a criminal record to boot.

Our justice system is set up so everyone is treated equal which means even the guilty get treated well...we end up the losers.

JMO :twocents:

DAM, WHERE'S HANCOCK WHEN YOU NEED HIM........... HE COULD MAKE THEM MYSTERIOUSLY GO MISSING:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to invent a system that harms someone touching your sled, this way, its a theft prevention device and you don't wind up in court.

Like a 15 amp 480 Volt energized wire around the sled track would be just the thing right??

All you gotta do is call the cops in the morning, the perp will still be lying beside your trailer.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Much better idea...Maybe....
We need to invent a system that harms someone touching your sled, this way, its a theft prevention device and you don't wind up in court.

Like a 15 amp 480 Volt energized wire around the sled track would be just the thing right??

All you gotta do is call the cops in the morning, the perp will still be lying beside your trailer.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a rumour that there will be bait sleds in B.C. this season.
Sounds like they'll be in Motel parking lots and out at staging areas.

Hey thats a great idea! Turns out that I have a couple of sleds just taken up room in My garage, mabey I could donate them to the cause?
Do you think that they need any bait bikes?

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Excellent idea and very little mess as well. The cops would just need a broom and dustpan to sweep up the ashes:d.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thats a great idea! Turns out that I have a couple of sleds just taken up room in My garage, mabey I could donate them to the cause?
Do you think that they need any bait bikes?

So are you admitting the w450 is to much power for you?
And now you don't want it?

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "BAIT" sled. what a great idea since they have been doing that with vehicles for years now. My buddy just got 2 sleds and trailer stolen in Morinville this past week.

Supper Duty locks and a shot gun, A bottle of whiskey, 2 peeps 2 shifts, yep that should be enough to protect your toys this winter.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Says the chick with a woman wielding a weapon in her avatar...Oh, that you isn't it???
The "BAIT" sled. what a great idea since they have been doing that with vehicles for years now. My buddy just got 2 sleds and trailer stolen in Morinville this past week.

Supper Duty locks and a shot gun, A bottle of whiskey, 2 peeps 2 shifts, yep that should be enough to protect your toys this winter.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bait Car: Engine is disabled, windows are disabled and doors are locked, Thief is trapped.
Bait Sled: Engine is disabled......... now what?:confused: Here come the Mounties on snowshoes to kick your A$$???
They'll wind up in Revelstoke lock up for 24 hours, released on promise to appear and they're right back at it. This time all the wiser as which sled not to steal. Before this will ever work we have to do something about our toothless, weak A$$ justice system. I say just give the sledding population free reign to do our own policing. :rant:Kinda like this!!!! :mad:YouTube - A thief gets the hell beaten out of him in the streets

Top Bottom