Bait Sled

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you admitting the w450 is to much power for you?
And now you don't want it?

It's not that I don't want it, just that I'm tired of listening to my buddy's lame excuses. I know that he is hiding a lot of pain over this "power issue" and something has to be done to help his pain. Last time we all went out he didn't even unload his bike!:(

Sorry buddy I feel your pain, and I'm here to help.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dickbeaterssled.jpg

need to put this sticker on from the sled show haha.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not that I don't want it, just that I'm tired of listening to my buddy's lame excuses. I know that he is hiding a lot of pain over this "power issue" and something has to be done to help his pain. Last time we all went out he didn't even unload his bike!:(

The only pain I'm in is waiting for the big blue beast to catch up.
What I lack in power I make up in talent

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was talking to someone last year at the allan cabin in valemount. he had his machine taken right from the cabin and taken down the trail and into the back of a truck. pretty risky....if he would have seen them leaving it wouldnt be hard to catch them.

either way. all these parking lots need monitoring. or bait sleds. its about time. last year was terrible.

WOW,now thats getting low:mad:

Stealing my sled is not worth losing your life, over cause i'd
kill the SOB that pulled that on me:realmad:

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only pain I'm in is waiting for the big blue beast to catch up.
What I lack in power I make up in talent[/QUOTE]

Ok we got a little off topic, so it's time for someone to take the high road.

So you win!!

I thought that I would take the high road, just in case you couldn't make it.

Blue rev

Reaction score
We need to invent a system that harms someone touching your sled, this way, its a theft prevention device and you don't wind up in court.

Like a 15 amp 480 Volt energized wire around the sled track would be just the thing right??

All you gotta do is call the cops in the morning, the perp will still be lying beside your trailer.

Sorry, thats called setting a man trap = illegal.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just reading this thread gets me worked up i dont think i would be able to control myself if i caught some A-HOLE trying to steal my machine or vehicle i would probly chance the criminal record and make sure the persons hands and arms were broken:mad:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I know for a fact that catching them in the act and giving them a ride in the big white bus with flashing lights can be done with out consequences if done properly and with thought. :d ... nuff said

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to invent a system that harms someone touching your sled, this way, its a theft prevention device and you don't wind up in court.

Like a 15 amp 480 Volt energized wire around the sled track would be just the thing right??

All you gotta do is call the cops in the morning, the perp will still be lying beside your trailer.

rig your ride with gps system , fallow them home or where ever, pull out the 338 mag do some practice shooting , pick up empty shell cassing before leaving , go home feeling better knowing you helped out some other rider further down the road

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, thats called setting a man trap = illegal.

hahaha LOL but I gotta say bullsh!t. Its called a "theft prevention device" just like "The Club" or a track lock. If the cable used to "lock down" the sled is electrified, its simply another line of defense for theft prevention. If you were luring people into touching it, like a big sign that said "Steal Me", sure then I could see someone calling it a man trap.

Are electric fences illegal? :D

If you are stupid enough to touch someone else's stuff then you get what is coming to you.

Don't want a shock?? Don't touch sh!t that ain't yours.

ZAAAAPPPPP!!!!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rig your ride with gps system , fallow them home or where ever, pull out the 338 mag do some practice shooting , pick up empty shell cassing before leaving , go home feeling better knowing you helped out some other rider further down the road

Not so out of the question Testimonials ? PosiTrace GPS Vehicle Tracking

Got them in big trucks might have one in your truck...looks like there is a market out there.. you name it we can track it

jarvis

Reaction score
speaking of solen stuff my 2009 haulmark 20 foot enclosed trailer just got stole from our compound in blackfalds:realmad:. jokes on them though trailer was empty all they got were a couple boxes... but if any one sees one for sale its all insulated with s.m let me know lol.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surely if you caught someone stealing your sled they would probably attack you...then you would be obligated to defend yourself and restrain them and try not to hurt them:rolleyes: I'm getting one of those GPS trackers for mine and my son's sleds this winter just in case. Don't want to have to argue with the insurance company and miss the season.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im all for the bait sled. I have want to put GPS on a sled and follow it. another plan was to put 6 guys in a inclosed trailer and when it stops and they go to open it, you nicely ask what the hell are they doing! then you open a can of woop ass and and dont phone the cops. Im from siamous and quads ,sles,and trucks are going missing everyday.dodge trucks are always going missing because they are the easiest to steal. dad lost his this summer but they just used it to haul his friends quad and found the truck in vernon. I chased a dodge duelly that was stolen but guy got away. I think we need to put the fear of god into these guys and make it known that it is not going to be easy to steal our toys! if you guys are in sicamous and have your toys stolen let me know. they are heading to vernon and turn off to kamloops. it is organized and we need to stop this. just remember if you own a dodge it will be gone. they use them just to haul the stolden goods. go for a drive at 1 am and if you see a dodge with 3 guys driving aronnd it has been stolden. there is usually two other cars that I calll the spoters that tell the truck it is safe to come in and hook up. like I say it is organized and planed. everyone keep there eyes open. we need to start a form for stolden items, with a date and time and full description.

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you catch someone stealin ur chit you have every right to protect your property and yourself with using as much force as necessary....it's right in the criminal code.

Someone who's stealin ur stuff could possibly have some sort of a weapon in case they do get caught so it's all in how you perceive the threat.

Justice system is a joke so don't depend on it.

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i caught anyone stealing my stuff or any fellow sledders stuff i would for sure make sure that they have broken hands and fingers lol. People who steel other peoples stuff just makes me made and one of these times they are gonna get caught and it isn't gonna be pretty for the theifs. :nono::realmad:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there are more than one of you that beat the POS thief into the pile of scum he is you have witnesses that can say it didn't happen.........just sayin:cool:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you think all those "great deals" on parts on Kijiji and ebay come from? Guys that buy the chit are just as guilty as the guys that steal it.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mods. will you start a thread with and for stolen goods?

Cheers
Chris

Top Bottom