Back Country User Fee

Would you be willing to pay a "Back Country Access Fee"??

• Yes

Votes: 49 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another question.......

how many of you when random camping buy a firewood permit? how many of you realize that you actually DO require one?

Firewood Permit Requirements in Alberta - Firewood Guide

Agriculture and Forestry - Tree Cutting - Tree Cutting Permits

I was sure a permit is only required for harvesting live trees, not for the kind of dead fall and such we cut while camping.

I did some checking. A permit is not required just to cut firewood for random camping...
Ghost Region:
If you are random camping in the Forest Reserve, you do not require a firewood permit to cut firewood. If you are planning to take the firewood home then a permit is required.
Woodlands Region:
If you are random camping in the Forest Reserve, you do not require a firewood permit to cut firewood. If you are planning to take the firewood home then a permit is required.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That might be a thought for some of the higher traffic spots, but it does kinda defeat "randomness." True, a lot of people like to keep returning to the same spots, but I kinda like to just head out and look for a place to setup. Sometimes I don't even know which direction I'm heading until I hit the highway since I usually just follow the nice weather.

In the west country, All summer long any area that is big enough to get a vehicle and a pup tent in is occupied. Whether or not they are just camping quading or fishing it could be regulated.
All

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
write a letter stating your position, send it to her, you're local MLA and to Premiere Rachel Notley

I've made up my "nice if you could consider the OHV folk that live in that area and the rest of us folks here in Alberta and a-far that have enjoyed the area for more than 44 years sight seeing from our units."

Many out fitters, trappers, and cattle grazing folks all so use these units day in and out too do their thing, I do hope you reconsider the GOA plan of allowing OHV and Snowmobiling in the Castle Area Shannon Phillips as its a experience too have here in Alberta as the tourism industries and small towns, cities and hamlets all benefit our Province as a whole.

From 5th generation Albertan and 72 generation American July 1793/4.

Mr D.A Parsons

PS: Kind and thoughtful letter with much more added "before and after."

My Pops helped me as he knows this BS. Ha.
Nice too have Manitoba English dude in my corner,,, much thanks to you pops for sharing in "wize too."

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've made up my "nice if you could consider the OHV folk that live in that area and the rest of us folks here in Alberta and a-far that have enjoyed the area for more than 44 years sight seeing from our units."

Many out fitters, trappers, and cattle grazing folks all so use these units day in and out too do their thing, I do hope you reconsider the GOA plan of allowing OHV and Snowmobiling in the Castle Area Shannon Phillips as its a experience too have here in Alberta as the tourism industries and small towns, cities and hamlets all benefit our Province as a whole.

From 5th generation Albertan and 72 generation American July 1793/4.

Mr D.A Parsons

PS: Kind and thoughtful letter with much more added "before and after."

My Pops helped me as he knows this BS. Ha.
Nice too have Manitoba English dude in my corner,,, much thanks to you pops for sharing in "wize too."
:d
Lem[/QUOTE

wow, Don you got a way with words, no wonder you have ladies on each arm.:d i like what you had to say, and pops too. he is onto the good BS.

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, they like me because I have a plastic Kow and Donkey as my riding partners. LOL.

Had too pass on Crows Nest Pass meeting Hall thing due too frozen iron across our Province, but lucky for me as it landed me at Hi Line Polaris Wetaskiwin for the in-house compfrence-call thing.

Would of rather been in the south for the real action, put take what I can get works too.

Lem at being part of what we all can do in support of our good folks in the South when they need us "all" more than ever.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like it don, long drive to cnp tonight, wetaskawin closer and cars also cost less!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetaskiwin meeting Hall at Hi-line Polaris

Folks are rolling in.

Lem reporting form cabin on wheels as we getter going.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Kause of who we're in support of.

A awesome area of large land mass for all too share.

Loosing this area allows the GOA too take away more.

Stats of reality, and the numbers are of OHV use.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will post a form type letter everyone can use tomorrow

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Theres alot of Eastern Slopes at stake.

OHV use in Alberta is in the $2 "BILLIONS brothers and sisters.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plan from the GOA

At the time when SSRB plan was being made.

And what happened as they left us out and closed the door in our face.

This is what should of happened as they were obligated to have consultation "fair" too all Albertans,,, of course with out the 200.000 recreation folks of OHV and Snowmobilers.

The on line survey is tricky, question 4 is a doozer. "Click Neither only."

Question 7 is our ticket. Referring to question 7, then stat in box,,,, "I believe OHV use should be allowed in the Castle Mountain Area.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been arguing about that on this forum for years !!!
That is a huge amount of $$$ and more importantly ..
JOBS
This is our best weapon ...IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom