Back Country User Fee

Would you be willing to pay a "Back Country Access Fee"??

• Yes

Votes: 49 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ X's by 2.

Independent body like other industries that balance the all beyond changing governments that change with-in a vote.

A vote on what the plan would look like, then a voted pannel too head it up.

Many hills too climb to get things going, and one could remember that there are other interest groups that have stakes in crown lands as well.

Lem

PS: I picked not sure on the voting tab as OHV registration fees are collected by a legal act that were ment too promote the sport, terrain, policing and safety education of user operations.

The left over funds "which there is" goes too Alberta Government general coffers funds.

Just the small part of what I/we see in the system in place.
Hard too vote yes too adding extra funds to a system that is suppose to be in act in the first place.

More wrong then right as I investigate these funds being collected as of date.

No disrespect too any or all as its fare too ponder the registration funds being paid todate.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDK

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan has just like this but more in-depth has been presented to the government before. I have posted a summary here before. Was to be a surcharge added to your registration of $50.00 on-top of registration fees. This $50 would be a designated funds set up like your tire battery tax. Money collected by government and a group selected handles the money. All in all a good deal BUT. Had a lot of questions as some non motorized groups started looking at it as a funding opportunity for their trails. Some rules were discussed and a lot of other things and it seemed to be gaining ground. Trail funding was part of the plan. Lots of other topics such as disposition of trails to give ownership to groups to protect trail from other industry users, liability ,enforcement ,education etc.
Again looking good then fight started about who was to handle the money. Who holds the money and doles it out. Trail groups one mainly would not agree. Government changed within ministries or something and our chance to get the plan in action was lost. All that work gone. Plan still around and could start again BUT would NDP want a PC plan???

All in all a good plan but we need to start getting more responsible in our actions. Stay out of water and mud and don't make any more random trails all over the place. I now without any options we are hard to change. I needs to start yesterday or 15 years ago would of been better. With no direction or assistance from the government it has come to this now. We kill our recreation always. Some agree some disagree but if we don't do something we all lose.

So which group did not agree and what was their reasoning ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ohv group need to work together.

Sled riders and summer users.

Look at the stock products built, sleds and sxs's width and engine size.

Make trails into areas both can use.

But can you get sled rides and summer utv riders to agree??

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The ohv group need to work together.

Sled riders and summer users.

Look at the stock products built, sleds and sxs's width and engine size.

Make trails into areas both can use.

But can you get sled rides and summer utv riders to agree??

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

its definitely going to be a challenge but its 100% the direction we need to go.....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need a lot more clarification as to why our groups have not worked together in the past .
What are the hurdles and obstacles needed to be overcome in order to put a plan that works by and large for all OHV users .
In order to have any credibility we need to be a single voice .

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give it a rest ....
Everyone pays .... Period !

ahh muffy, you on a roll again? i'm not interested in paying anymore taxes, and extra fees are taxes. PERIOD,

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes too the group idea as larger would be nice.

Quad Squad got things under way in the South as those folks that live in that area planned and put in the human power.

Caroline Snowmobling folks did their thing in their area.
Rocky Mountain House and Red Deer folks hit up the Big Horn.
And Hinton folks took on Ruby Falls and areas with in their reach.
GP folks at Two O'clock Creek and Kakwa beyond areas.

High Level Manning folks in their pockets.

Guess that distance has a role too play, traveling distance and alottible funds.

Factors at play back then, but now a realization that power in numbers might be a wize option "maybe."

Sure nice too know that others got your back when the chips are down.

Folks in the South need us at this point in time.
I kinda know what I have too do in support of.
It's my duty as I and many others love that area,,, each person has their limits on what we can assist in.

Listening and being there would be mine as the folks down there are very welcoming too all that have been there and those that wish to.

I feel so at country there as its a smooth laid back life style with awesome sights too see.

Don

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh muffy, you on a roll again? i'm not interested in paying anymore taxes. PERIOD,

These are not TAXES , they are a proposed fee to keep our riding areas open and sustainable ...
Though I am not surprised in the least , that you would not contribute your fair share ....though .
Don't pay / don't ride .
Or better yet.. What's your suggestion .. Other than refusing to support the cause / while others pay?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are not TAXES , they are a proposed fee to keep our riding areas open and sustainable ...
Though I am not surprised in the least , that you would not contribute your fair share ....though .
Don't pay / don't ride .
Or better yet.. What's your suggestion .. Other than refusing to support the cause / while others pay?

lol. you get your shoes tied yet? no idea what you are referring to as my fair share. LoL.

I think there should be a graduated fee, base fee for smaller machines and tires, those with larger motors , bigger tires paying more. as they are the ones doing the damage in the bush. more so than the smaller machines.

why don't you stay in a thread you know something about?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubbish tire size has zero to do with it ..lmfao.
An 800 renegade spins more with stock tires than a similar sized quad with 30s
Hello..
What about dirt bikes and sport quads ? They spin all day long ?

Smaller machines can't make a lot of the trails , so they cut a new path over & over ... That's sustainable ?

Anyways , you said you did not want to pay cause you were over 65 or some BS like that ...
Fact is you have one of the heaviest machine out there , with some of the biggest mud tires .. 30" inch I believe ...
Yet you don't want to pay a fee ....
Why am I not surprised ..

And don't make this about me with silly nonsensical comments...
This is about every one paying their fair share regardless of what they drive / walk / ride / camp with etc etc ....

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listening to Stan Ratky's take when his friends helped him calculate a "supposable" fair price that could go towards trail repairs worked our too ruffly $50 for the person,,, and 1 person with lets say 2 or 4 partner tag alongs "a idea only" would be allowed too tag along.

Hard working family dad and mom could bring there kids along free as funds towards a camping unit, their units, getting there with food & fuel "could"be costly.

Good too hear all folks ideas as this thread allows this free of ones on-look too what might best suit their needs.

An extra idea is that those of us that" choose too" go over and this set costs "could" donate extra funds to a club, their time, or both.

If it's a club that we donate the funds to, perhaps we can right off these expenses at year end tax time.

A win win for our GoA and us.
Better trails for all user groups, quality, and a benefit if we ever decide too sell the Province down the road, Ha. "just kidding on the last suggestion.

Lem is game only if these funds go to what they are for and are accounted for every year.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows what the price is going to be / or should be for that matter..
But everyone should contribute , not just quadders & sledders ...
IMO
As Daveb said .. A little fee would sure stop the party & teenaged party mess issue . Ultimately , there is a lot of mess left from them & inevitably quadders get blamed ....
Win win .,..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows what the price is going to be / or should be for that matter..
But everyone should contribute , not just quadders & sledders ...
IMO
As Daveb said .. A little fee would sure stop the party & teenaged party mess issue . Ultimately , there is a lot of mess left from them & inevitably quadders get blamed ....
Win win .,..

what? you don't know everything!!! well i'll be! you do a lotta flabba jabba on what you think you know!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubbish tire size has zero to do with it ..lmfao.
An 800 renegade spins more with stock tires than a similar sized quad with 30s
Hello..
What about dirt bikes and sport quads ? They spin all day long ?

Smaller machines can't make a lot of the trails , so they cut a new path over & over ... That's sustainable ?

Anyways , you said you did not want to pay cause you were over 65 or some BS like that ...
Fact is you have one of the heaviest machine out there , with some of the biggest mud tires .. 30" inch I believe ...
Yet you don't want to pay a fee ....
Why am I not surprised ..

And don't make this about me with silly nonsensical comments...
This is about every one paying their fair share regardless of what they drive / walk / ride / camp with etc etc ....

are you on drugs? do you even have any idea what you post? why can't smaller quads with stock tires not make it through the creeks and trails, big horsepower machines with big tires chewing it up !. a set standard fee $50 to $75 and higher fee for higher cc bikes, and larger tires, turbo's banned everywhere as they do to much damage! a structured fee would be the fairest to everyone.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK you 2 STOP

That's all you 2 do is fight. If you cant keep it on topic and not against each other don't post to piss on another off

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I vote yes....but I would not trust anything associated with the NDPs to administer or run it.

A random camping fee...say a sticker on your RV, would keep the weekend kids parties out of the bush....been saying that for years. The funds from the fee would pay for extra cops to enforce it.

There's always one corner of your plate open, could totally tag your plate as back country access allowed. Anything that keeps it open to enthusiasts and keeps the long weekenders away is a win win to me.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's always one corner of your plate open, could totally tag your plate as back country access allowed. Anything that keeps it open to enthusiasts and keeps the long weekenders away is a win win to me.

Great idea.

Easy to do and watch for.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems the idea is in place for sled areas.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

Top Bottom