BABY Rides Quad

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well for the amount of people that witnessed this stupidity.....I can not believe that she was not reported!! I have a 3 month old and a 17 month old...and wouldnt even consider taking either of them of the quad with me! Gear or not....there necks are not strong enough to support a helmet properly at this young of an age. I hope to god I run into her on the trails!!! :mad:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
my wife and i have been taking our child quadding now since he was 4 months. we have changed our riding to just roads and not tough trails. u all might think im stupid but i really dont give a sh. i have a 400 outy max and i drive ,the wife on the back and the baby strapped to her in a snuggly on her chest. we have logged well over 500km this summer in the crowsnest,sandon and schuswaps. it has been the best summer of my life and now my son is 6 months old and everytime he hears the quad he gets so excited to go. i cant wait untill the day he can go on his own. also my dog rides in the front in a modified cooler. i drive a red outy so if u see us out there wave,stop for a chat or even come for a ride. cheers!! P.S what the lady is doing in that picture is seriously f stupid and should be reported.

Last edited by a moderator:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW some peoples risk tollerence is a lot more then mine. I can remember doubling the misses and going down just the smallest of inclines and the front wheel jamming and bucking us both off. Thank goodness for helmets.

Wildreaper

Reaction score
Do the Right thing if you haven't already,"Send unedited pictures to Police and Child Welfare" and protect the child. Not doing so would be considered negligence.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine that a doctor would condone anything like this with a baby. Spine development can really be altered by activities like this. The reason that infant seats are rear facing until at least 1 year old is for spinal support. I don't think there is any contraption out there that would protect against the potential spinal damage that quadding with a baby could cause. I wouldn't want hear later in a child's life that there is something wrong that is life affecting, and was caused by quad rides when they were a baby. Just my 2cents

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
When we got our first helmet for our kids we actually took the helmet with the child to our chiropractor because we were also concerned about our kids having the neck strength to support the helmet. I even asked him about getting one of those neck support things. His response was the helmet was fine but that we should start putting it on our kids to wear it for a while and increase the time each time they wore it to help develop the muscles. He did not condone the use of a neck brace because he said then that the muscles are not given a chance to develop and learn to support the helmet.

I think it also needs to be noted that when most of us ride with our children we do it as safe and responsible manner possible. When are with them we are not doing any extreme riding. However, those pictures depict a situation that is neither safe nor responsible.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not know what to say when I see this chit. If I was there it would have lost it....severely. My wife I were given the kiss of death when it came to having children. Last year we were given a miracle in the form of my baby girl. I CANNOT believe how people can take the life of child and treat it so carelessley. Report it, have the child taken away and we will gladly give it a home where someone actually cares for the childs wlle being.

I'm disgusted!

I would not have blocked out the face. She needs to be ashamed of herself.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF - is wrong with some peoples heads

Riding Falls Creek trails on Saturday September 5.

Stopped for lunch at the Falls Creek Falls and probably 40 quads pulled up while we were having lunch...almost everyone dressed for trail riding with helmets on there heads, boots, pants, jackets...then they came????

Lets start by saying these are not easy trails in the first place and it takes 2 HANDS on the handle bars to ride these trails safely into these falls. Between the rock obsticles, mud holes, steep hills and creek crossings, you better have you act together.... The closest campsaites were 5km away....then they came?????

NO Helmets (sorry some were strapped onto the rear rack of the quads), some with no boots, no shirts --- but did remember to bring their beer... some of them had drank to many to even be out of their campsites...

BUT then SHE came......

Driving her quad with ONE hand -- while carrying her 1 year old BABY in one arm with only a baby blanket wrapped around it...

WTF lady....leave the kid home if you are going riding ....one wrong bump and the baby is flung into air like a football....

Have you ever seen anything like this??????????????????????????

i am sorry and may be called names here for this but if i seen this i would have been the a$$^@(# who would call child welfare on them i am SOOOOOOOOO :nono::mad::realmad: against this it is not funny i hate stupid people that should be a nominee for the darwin awards

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Who are we to interfere with natural selection!! One day we will read about them in the paper!! (save the kid though!!)

froggyz71

Reaction score
i would i called the police and watched here go to the slammer. i don't know how some people make it in this world

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and people get on me for riding in a cage with no helmut. I think I'm bad that is insane, send the pic's to someone, but will not do any good without a plate number.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW this is like one of those games " Can you spot all the things wrong "
Sooo true..

I look in disgust at people riding without a helmet, this is just absurd. I'm all for getting the youth involved, but at 1 years old or younger? They probably won't even have memories, and the danger you are putting the child in. All it takes is one oopsy and this little person could be facing life altering challenges. You have little girl Taylor, fighting for her life, family doing everything they can. These people are riding around on there quads no helmets, 1 handing the baby and 1 handing the bars. Under the influence, unfriggen believable.

Top Bottom