BABY Rides Quad

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF - is wrong with some peoples heads

Riding Falls Creek trails on Saturday September 5.

Stopped for lunch at the Falls Creek Falls and probably 40 quads pulled up while we were having lunch...almost everyone dressed for trail riding with helmets on there heads, boots, pants, jackets...then they came????

Lets start by saying these are not easy trails in the first place and it takes 2 HANDS on the handle bars to ride these trails safely into these falls. Between the rock obsticles, mud holes, steep hills and creek crossings, you better have you act together.... The closest campsaites were 5km away....then they came?????

NO Helmets (sorry some were strapped onto the rear rack of the quads), some with no boots, no shirts --- but did remember to bring their beer... some of them had drank to many to even be out of their campsites...

BUT then SHE came......

Driving her quad with ONE hand -- while carrying her 1 year old BABY in one arm with only a baby blanket wrapped around it...

WTF lady....leave the kid home if you are going riding ....one wrong bump and the baby is flung into air like a football....

Have you ever seen anything like this??????????????????????????

Attachments

• 20090905-_Quad_Outwest-0162 - Copy.jpg
    20090905-_Quad_Outwest-0162 - Copy.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look like the same people we saw at Nordegg 2 weeks ago. A lady driving trying to hold a baby.
Very unsafe.
Not sure what people think.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was there as well and was shocked to see this. Firstly alot of people with no helmets. Thats your choice and I cant push people to wear them, but in that terrain with the rocks and all, the chances of flipping your quad are alot higher than riding on flat ground. And I was blown away to witness this, not any restaints what so ever. There lucky nothing happened or they never ran into any authorities, there would most likely be some issues come forth like an Albeta law " Endangering the welfare of a child", I will stop my rant now before I say too much:nono:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Unbelieveable.We went through there on sunday,actually got stopped by the C.O.'s.And lots of people w/o helmuts and riding gear.one guy just had shorts and sandles on.

dirtydodge

Reaction score
Well , what can I say , I was there with about 23 of my friends and saw the same stupid thing . WTF is right . One of the lady's with us made a suggestion to this woman and got the deer in the head lights . People like this should have to take a test before they give birth ,,hmm and before being allowed to buy a atv as well . JUST STUPID >

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I wish you had written down the license plate # and reported it to the police. Child endangerment is against the law and social services should have been called. This "mother" is STUPID. And so were the people in her group for allowing this to happen and not wearing proper clothing. Sh%$ my dog is more protected riding behind me than that child is.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have been sledding with our kids since they were 6 months old, we have 5 kids ranging in age from 3 to 17. Riding is something we do as a family so we had to look for products that would allow us to do this. Our first rule is ALL the gear ALL the time!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to do alot of searching to first find gear and yes they do make helmets that fit little ones and secondly to ride with them behind us in a safe manner.

We found ALL the gear for them and we do replace it each year as they grow. We also came across the child riding belts that we use to safely carry our kids BEHIND us. People are always asking us where we got it. The point was truly driven home one day when we stopped for lunch at Meer Lake on the Elkford trails. A group of 3 young gentlemen stopped and had lunch with us they thought our belts where really cool. They told us about a friend of theirs that had his young son out on his sled one day driving along the trail and hit a bump. The young boy was riding in front of his Dad when he hit the bump the Dad lurched forward sending the child into the front of the sled. The boy broke his femur and had a few broken ribs. The Dad felt horrible luckily the childs broken bones healed and all was well. My point is that it was a preventable accident had the child been riding behind the Dad.

Their is nothing wrong with taking your kids out riding with you. That is where the future of our sport will come from. However you can and should do it in a responsible manner.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the long weekend has come and gone. Pretty sure STARS and paramedics around the province were busy from acts of stupidity. Stupidity is a curable disease by forces of either mother nature or optional sources..... Ministik pass them pictures on to the authorities and let them deal with this situation. Turning a blind eye to this is like turning a blind eye to drinking and driving....

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont know what to say, Having a new son myself seeing that just makes me mad!!! WTF are u thinking???:nono:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
WOW this is ONE of the reasons why quadders get a bad name......like I said stupid people are taking over the world

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Several years ago my neighbor did the very same thing with his son on a trike. He was going down a steep hill and pulled a little to hard on the front brake. They both went over the bars and the boy had some pretty serious head injuries. The neighbor realized after, that it was a very STUPID thing to do. He felt very bad.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw the same kinda thing on sat. some dipsh** was riding his qaud down the service road along hway 16 about 30-40kph with a baby >6mths old i am sure no gear on either one and trying to ride 1 handed.thanks dad.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the long weekend has come and gone. Pretty sure STARS and paramedics around the province were busy from acts of stupidity. Stupidity is a curable disease by forces of either mother nature or optional sources..... Ministik pass them pictures on to the authorities and let them deal with this situation. Turning a blind eye to this is like turning a blind eye to drinking and driving....

i agree 100% you should pass that picture along to the authorities especially since the licence plate is on the front of the quad and should be easily tracked down. i usually turn a blind eye to most things BUT some people deserve to get caught! stupidity... sheer stupidity

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree 100% you should pass that picture along to the authorities especially since the licence plate is on the front of the quad and should be easily tracked down. i usually turn a blind eye to most things BUT some people deserve to get caught! stupidity... sheer stupidity

unfortunately, this is a perfect example of the headline hunters and would read " ANOTHER ATV ACCIDENT CLAIMS LIFE OF INNOCENT CHILD" .

WHERES YOUR SIGN, I THINK SOME PEOPLE NEED TO BE TALKED TO BY HAND.......AN IM NOT A VIOLENT PERSON,,,,

I want the opportunity to meet that little person as an adult...one day.....

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, turn these pics over to police and have her charged:mad: Riding with a child that young is unacceptable:confused:

Top Bottom