Axys vs T3

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my leg out kicking in the snow on an XM chassis as much as a Poo. When i'm slowing down i do it not to push the sled but to momentarily remove my body weight from the machine giving it a little advantage to keep moving.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent point on the riding group support and sharing of knowledge and parts. This was a big factor for me combined with dealer relationship. Personal preference in my opinion as I cannot ride like a pro and Bret Rasmussen demonstrated this big time when we rode with him last spring. He sure got around well on his T3! Another factor for me was easy access to motor which the Axys won hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Excellent point on the riding group support and sharing of knowledge and parts. This was a big factor for me combined with dealer relationship. Personal preference in my opinion as I cannot ride like a pro and Bret Rasmussen demonstrated this big time when we rode with him last spring. He sure got around well on his T3! Another factor for me was easy access to motor which the Axys won hands down.

Not sure that is something I would ever use in a sales pitch lol.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree! I hope I don't have to access the motor too many times... It is real quick to strip hood and panels off though. About 20 seconds.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try to kick my leg as much as possible to look cool. Also try doing things in ultra slow motion which seems to be all the rage now. Hard to do in real life though.....and doesnt seem to look as cool but Im working on it.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree! I hope I don't have to access the motor too many times... It is real quick to strip hood and panels off though. About 20 seconds.

That's an excellent feature for those who want access to a location where a muff pot can really cook

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure that is something I would ever use in a sales pitch lol.
Maybe I'm crazy but I think that's a good thing to have in a pitch. Everything has issues, from sleds to quads to trucks. If/when something does eventually go wrong it's nice to actually have room to work on things and even nicer to not need a million special tools. Mod guys probably appreciate the easier access too.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the xm with the hood off is the most access your going to ever get its damn good. almost as good as the old zx days

zx days those were the days. Almost as good as élan days.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Good engine access, Very flickable, often ridden wrong foot forward with feet paddling to help you maintain momentum, lacking instantanous lift. Haha. It's my two stroke play sled for intense boondocking that the nytro can't be dangled through.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a more serious note. Is there any way to convert the rmk over to the rush over the engine type steering post?

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that I have noticed is that poo riders still seem to be doing a lot of pushing off the snow with that one leg dangling. Did poo still not put enough power out that you need to compensate with a leg push.

Hmm, interesting. What else did you notice while trying to keep up??

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a more serious note. Is there any way to convert the rmk over to the rush over the engine type steering post?

This interests me too, i looked online at some chassis pictures of each sled and the rush over structure looks a bit different. If someone with an Axys can take a couple close up pictures of the top of their over structure that would help!! My sled is in Sicamous so i am no help. The rush parts fiche shows it mounting on the engine side with a bent post that appears to run down towards the same place as the rmk.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you would want that?

I guess it's what I'm used to. Every sled I've ever had, has never had flat steering. Yamaha snow sport, 300 citation, 1992 phazer, 1998 summit, 2000 summit 700, 2001 summit 800, multiple skidoo 1000, 2008 Nytro. All of these sleds have never had flat steering. I would rather adjust the sled, then to spend trips adjusting to steering that has more linkages to get loose and in my opinion doesn't offer proper leverage of the machine. Most the sleds I ride with are xm s and an xp turbo. I can easily feel at home on these sleds after a minute of riding after coming off my Nytro. I basically relate it to handle bar swivel, never could get used to the dragon, m series cats, or my dads apex with flat steering geometry.

Haven't ridden a Polaris newer than a dragon, thinking I will still feel the same way. I just can't get over the weight savings that the Polaris have over everybody. If I'm going to build a light sled I'm going to build a light sled. The turbo xps and xm in my group are between 50-70 pounds lighter than my Nytro. (All electric start models) I don't feel it's enough of a gap to spend the money to upgrade. Mines payed for and is still fun.

TryHonesty

Reaction score
View attachment 193367
Good engine access, Very flickable, often ridden wrong foot forward with feet paddling to help you maintain momentum, lacking instantanous lift. Haha. It's my two stroke play sled for intense boondocking that the nytro can't be dangled through.

Ahhhhhh, its good to see the frenchies doing what they know best: heavy, ungainly sleds and muffpot cooked poutine. Magnifique!!! Are you snowchecking one for 2017 Maxwell?

:D :D :D :D

good to see the vintage going strong.

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it's what I'm used to. Every sled I've ever had, has never had flat steering. Yamaha snow sport, 300 citation, 1992 phazer, 1998 summit, 2000 summit 700, 2001 summit 800, multiple skidoo 1000, 2008 Nytro. All of these sleds have never had flat steering. I would rather adjust the sled, then to spend trips adjusting to steering that has more linkages to get loose and in my opinion doesn't offer proper leverage of the machine. Most the sleds I ride with are xm s and an xp turbo. I can easily feel at home on these sleds after a minute of riding after coming off my Nytro. I basically relate it to handle bar swivel, never could get used to the dragon, m series cats, or my dads apex with flat steering geometry.

Haven't ridden a Polaris newer than a dragon, thinking I will still feel the same way. I just can't get over the weight savings that the Polaris have over everybody. If I'm going to build a light sled I'm going to build a light sled. The turbo xps and xm in my group are between 50-70 pounds lighter than my Nytro. (All electric start models) I don't feel it's enough of a gap to spend the money to upgrade. Mines payed for and is still fun.

In hearing all that, you likely wouldn't like a pro or an AXYS. Sleds with vertical steering are aimed at a riding positon that revolves around the sled being on one edge or the other. And to add to that, nose of the sled higher then the front.
In that position, vertical steering is more comfortable. While sitting flat on the sled though, vertical steering is not as comfortable as the flat steering your use to.

There will likely never be much of a market for a conversion to flat steering, because most of the people on the sleds with vertical bought it for that reason. That is also why Doo continues to creep their post angle up on there mountain sleds, and why more guys are going away from running their risers at such an extreme angle up.

In one of the Schooled seriers videos, it's explained pretty clearly and makes a lot of sense.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but I think that's a good thing to have in a pitch. Everything has issues, from sleds to quads to trucks. If/when something does eventually go wrong it's nice to actually have room to work on things and even nicer to not need a million special tools. Mod guys probably appreciate the easier access too.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

call ME crazy but I would think reliability would be more important that ease of repair....since 2011 when the e-tech came out I have never had to get at the engine... And most of my sleds get around 2000kms put on them a year... Not by myself of course...
But pop the doors off an xm and take the hood off... its only a few screws and there is basically nothing in the way.

Top Bottom