Axys vs T3

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They absolutely need it from lack of traction. A skidoo in that situation would just breeze across the slope at 1/4 throttle. That is why Burandt likes them because even crossing simple terrain the pro makes it look so violent and hardcore when really that's just stuff skidoo riders cross to get to the good stuff. "Woah look at that guy full pin leg push wiggle he's crazy"
Well there's another awsome post lol

bourgon

Reaction score
The doo is a great sled but requires a diet.. I do too, but the older I get the more I notice just how heavy the T3 is!
I just picked up a t3 174 today if you think they are fat try the nytro I am coming off of!
I love these treads this is better that is best you are stupid!! I liked the axis but don't want the first year sled! Had a 08 xp! I know what that is all about! The poos don't have the best track record for reliable sleds! And when people say oh chris berant rides a pro! He gets paid to and rebuilds sleds all the time I just want some thing that runs good and don't wory about getting a chopper ride!
People need to realize, they sled is not the best sled! It is the best sled for them!

TryHonesty

Reaction score
They absolutely need it from lack of traction. A skidoo in that situation would just breeze across the slope at 1/4 throttle. That is why Burandt likes them because even crossing simple terrain the pro makes it look so violent and hardcore when really that's just stuff skidoo riders cross to get to the good stuff. "Woah look at that guy full pin leg push wiggle he's crazy"

Ring ring ring ring, my french banana cant float.....ring ring ring ring heavy as a boat......ring ring ring ring now i need a sat phooooooooone......

Last edited:

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love how this thread turned from on the snow comparisons to useless posts about how garbage the brand you don't ride is. I'm so sick and tired of seeing newbie riders on T3's in the parking lot and cabin raving about how great their 174 is in the trees. Give your head a shake those guys should just stay home. The reason poo riders stick their leg out (why I do it often) is the fact the terrain I ride I have to in order for total control. The truth is my buddy who is an excellent rider, probably better than me, cannot follow me through some of the stuff we ride through. The poo is a better technical sled. The Doo is a more powerful sled that does get enough track speed to be a good tree sled. Just my real on the snow comparisons

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I like to have my leg out is because it acts as a counter weight to keep your centre of gravity up the hill. If you have your cg up the hill all you have do do is give a slight push into the snow with your leg to maintain your edge. If you keep letting the sleds cg down the hill you have to wrestle it back up all the time and if you let it go to far down the hill you risk losing control. Plus it uses way to much energy. For me it has nothing to do with trying to push the sled along. All about balance and control.

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Love how this thread turned from on the snow comparisons to useless posts about how garbage the brand you don't ride is. I'm so sick and tired of seeing newbie riders on T3's in the parking lot and cabin raving about how great their 174 is in the trees. Give your head a shake those guys should just stay home. The reason poo riders stick their leg out (why I do it often) is the fact the terrain I ride I have to in order for total control. The truth is my buddy who is an excellent rider, probably better than me, cannot follow me through some of the stuff we ride through. The poo is a better technical sled. The Doo is a more powerful sled that does get enough track speed to be a good tree sled. Just my real on the snow comparisons

I've been riding 15 years now and im now on a 174 and I bet I would out ride you any day in the tightest of trees uphill, downhill and side hill all while keeping both feet planted on each running board. You probably wouldn't even make it to where I'm at without bending an a arm or 2. My good friend on his axys is now on his 3rd a arm from very minor impacts. From my experience Polaris is still way behind which really sucks because it would be nice to see skidoo have to come out with something new again to stay ahead.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding 15 years now and im now on a 174 and I bet I would out ride you any day in the tightest of trees uphill, downhill and side hill all while keeping both feet planted on each running board. You probably wouldn't even make it to where I'm at without bending an a arm or 2. My good friend on his axys is now on his 3rd a arm from very minor impacts. From my experience Polaris is still way behind which really sucks because it would be nice to see skidoo have to come out with something new again to stay ahead.

flex that Doo-laid hard, your my hero . Maxwell #2

any day of the week and month of the year, you try and follow me on your doo-laid running 174 hero machine . Better hope your New York attitude keeps you afloat cause that 16 wide over compensator aint gonna do it.

You my friend are so full of yourself that it hurts, period.

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along /naw brand bashing no fun ha

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my buddies 174 t3 after he got it apart. He was riding with a couple axys guys. They did fine. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 405
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 401

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
flex that Doo-laid hard, your my hero . Maxwell #2

any day of the week and month of the year, you try and follow me on your doo-laid running 174 hero machine . Better hope your New York attitude keeps you afloat cause that 16 wide over compensator aint gonna do it.

You my friend are so full of yourself that it hurts, period.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about new riders on a "174" and being places they shouldn't be and blah blah blah. Is it some kind of expectation that new riders should be starting back on some old pile of crap. You know if Polaris actually had something decent to ride back when I started I might actually be on one. The XM has been out for 4 years now with no changes and Polaris finally has came out with something that is kind of in the ball park. You guys think it's the greatest thing on the snow now but it's just another fine example of poor Polaris engineering. im glad to hear that I have become a hero to a few more people on here and that I have actually been accepted into the Maxwell league. Cheers Maxwell we will have to raise a drink from the top of the mountain to all the Poo riders in line for a arms and belts!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so sick and tired of hearing about new riders on a "174" and being places they shouldn't be and blah blah blah. Is it some kind of expectation that new riders should be starting back on some old pile of crap. You know if Polaris actually had something decent to ride back when I started I might actually be on one. The XM has been out for 4 years now with no changes and Polaris finally has came out with something that is kind of in the ball park. You guys think it's the greatest thing on the snow now but it's just another fine example of poor Polaris engineering. im glad to hear that I have become a hero to a few more people on here and that I have actually been accepted into the Maxwell league. Cheers Maxwell we will have to raise a drink from the top of the mountain to all the Poo riders in line for a arms and belts!

I think your choice of brand is perfect. You display all the typical personality traits of the large percentage of Doo riders, and if the doolaid dulls the senses enough to cause acceptance of your modified XP , that should confirm to BRP that their doolaid secret formula doesn't yet need tweaking. So , all good.

Top Bottom