Axys vs T3

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first machines in vale a indy 650 88 vintage, and a indy 488 performance edition 121 inches of pure flotation

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the new sleds are awesome. I started in the mountains in 1987. I had a 1982 John Deere Liquifire with a tapered tunnel. I then progressed through the years to a Polaris 500, then a XLT then a 700, 800 and a M1000. This yea I am riding a 2015 T3 174 and all I can say is wow!! I have also rode a 2016 Axys 163. These machines are incredible. These young riders don't know how god they have it. Before Christmas I took my T3 and my 1996 XLT to Valemount. We got the XLT stuck!!!! Oh my god. I ha forgot oh my god I had forgot how hard it was to get these older sleds unstuck.. It sure makes you appreciate the new sleds.
That's awesome. Love seeing the old iron out there still.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Having a sled being able to sit on its side proves nothing... for either brand... If you were to put a ski with a shallower carbide channel in it they wouldn't do it either... Thats the reason they balance like that. In essence the only thing it really proves is that they are balanced decently well. The only reason the t3's do that on the concrete is because of the channel in the ski. Polaris made a wicked sled! That's a GOOD thing... The fact these brands are staying so close and competitive to each other is the reason they keep getting better and more innvative. If you had one brand blowing the doors off of everything... They would never change it!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Having a sled being able to sit on its side proves nothing... for either brand... If you were to put a ski with a shallower carbide channel in it they wouldn't do it either... Thats the reason they balance like that. In essence the only thing it really proves is that they are balanced decently well. The only reason the t3's do that on the concrete is because of the channel in the ski. Polaris made a wicked sled! That's a GOOD thing... The fact these brands are staying so close and competitive to each other is the reason they keep getting better and more innvative. If you had one brand blowing the doors off of everything... They would never change it!
Are you saying that Ski-Doo doesn't "blow the doors of everything else"?? Here, on S&M?!?!? For real?!?!?! Sacrilege!!!!!

You, sir, have some balls!! I hope you don't get banned for that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Are you saying that Ski-Doo doesn't "blow the doors of everything else"?? Here, on S&M?!?!? For real?!?!?! Sacrilege!!!!!

You, sir, have some balls!! I hope you don't get banned for that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

I have never said that lol. I have my personal opinions like everyone else but realitically.... If ANY of the brands blew everyone else's doors off..... Why would anyone buy a different brand period? Like vehicles... I have different brands... The only thing being biased does is make you miss out on some good products. like you.. BRP quads..... Car sleds... You find what you like regardless of the emblem.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have never said that lol. I have my personal opinions like everyone else but realitically.... If ANY of the brands blew everyone else's doors off..... Why would anyone buy a different brand period? Like vehicles... I have different brands... The only thing being biased does is make you miss out on some good products. like you.. BRP quads..... Car sleds... You find what you like regardless of the emblem.

If you keep up with this "Positive Attitude" we may have to look at restricting your comments on this site....lol
Hey, nice Tan Trent.

Life is good in "Da Hood"

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
What I meant by all that.... was ski doo is way better than polaris..... Back to the doo thread.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
One thing that I have noticed is that poo riders still seem to be doing a lot of pushing off the snow with that one leg dangling. Did poo still not put enough power out that you need to compensate with a leg push.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that I have noticed is that poo riders still seem to be doing a lot of pushing off the snow with that one leg dangling. Did poo still not put enough power out that you need to compensate with a leg push.

The new 800 has plenty of jam.

ken.gee

Reaction score
Lol I noticed that too. I found that when I first started riding my Pro, I was doing that because it's what I learned from the videos. And I'd like to think that I got pretty good at it. But then this season I decided against watching any videos pre-season in order to avoid getting antsy, and try building on my limited skill - set. Lo and behold, most slopes I used to dangle absolutely didn't need it. Especially not when narrowing the front end. That's just me, and my limited inexperience...maybe it's different for others, but I find these sleds have ample power...pro included!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

TryHonesty

Reaction score

Its the same thing as the canoe oar you need to paddle forward with that heavy banana boat 196''-whatever-the-flock tracked thing those frenchies keep building for some reason. Stick to poutine, Francois.

:D *steps into nuclear bunker*

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the best quote of the year, so far

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They absolutely need it from lack of traction. A skidoo in that situation would just breeze across the slope at 1/4 throttle. That is why Burandt likes them because even crossing simple terrain the pro makes it look so violent and hardcore when really that's just stuff skidoo riders cross to get to the good stuff. "Woah look at that guy full pin leg push wiggle he's crazy"

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They absolutely need it from lack of traction. A skidoo in that situation would just breeze across the slope at 1/4 throttle. That is why Burandt likes them because even crossing simple terrain the pro makes it look so violent and hardcore when really that's just stuff skidoo riders cross to get to the good stuff. "Woah look at that guy full pin leg push wiggle he's crazy"
Lol maxwell. Zing

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

car 51.... come in.... shots fired....

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The doo is a great sled but requires a diet.. I do too, but the older I get the more I notice just how heavy the T3 is!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T3 is a heavy pig, that's one thing I noticed right away on my first stuck, coming off a 14 pro. Other than that, I love it.

Top Bottom