Axys 174 vs 165 G4

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one of them land yachts is the jibby'est?

not sure what to get for mountain riding

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Contrary to what everyone that has ridden one at custer's(camp) says the 850 beats up on the t3 174" every pull.... Mind you that is a snowest article, and didn't boss man(Chris) over there, get stuck on a trail and walk his way out, even if he was riding a turbo nytro? Lmao...... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris -43.5 liters. G4 - 36 liters. So 7.5 liters more. 16.5 lbs more due to fuel!
Etec doesn't need the extra fuel like the Poo may? I have heard test riders down east getting 1200 kms on a tank of oil on the 850 MXZ. Doo should look at downsizing the oil tank for an even further weight reduction.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Etec doesn't need the extra fuel like the Poo may? I have heard test riders down east getting 1200 kms on a tank of oil on the 850 MXZ. Doo should look at downsizing the oil tank for an even further weight reduction.
With that type of range a guy may never check it Lol

Rulonjj

Reaction score
Give me a break... that's as fair as it gets. 174x15 = 2610, 165 x 16 = 2640 sq/inch. Skidoo guys always have an excuse. Does that mean it fair to set up the polaris better as well. Just accept it already.... Polaris made a better sled!!

Yes skidoo guys always have an excuse. That's why I ride a pro as well, so I have no excuses. But really, length matters more than width. Go compare a 154 Doo against a 163 poo. They are the same right? Lol. Not even close. A 154 could never compete with a 163 no matter how wide the track is.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I found the etec used as much oil as my polaris. from the 3/4 mark on the tank to below 1/4 in one ride.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the xm sleds the ski lift on 174 is way less than a 163 with the same suspention settings . However my buddy says the gen4 163 is almost the same length as the xm 174.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the etec used as much oil as my polaris. from the 3/4 mark on the tank to below 1/4 in one ride.
They all use fuel and oil at WOT Johnny. The new 850 etec is 40% better on oil than the 800 etec is they are saying.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't have to brag.. they weigh the same and the Poo is still better!!. Holds a sidehill better and NOW can climb better. All with a 15" track and no T-motion..... how do they do it!!
I have a axys and a t3 the t3 deffently hold a side hill better the axys climbs good I put a mark with bot and pretty close every time but give up playfulness not lifting the skis like the doo does tighten the limiter strap on the doo and it will climb better

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I have a axys and a t3 the t3 deffently hold a side hill better the axys climbs good I put a mark with bot and pretty close every time but give up playfulness not lifting the skis like the doo does tighten the limiter strap on the doo and it will climb better

What?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it can I know it can I push both sleds the axys is a great sled and if you like to climb it's probably a better sled for climbing other then the motor stock is very flat on top but in the trees and deep the t3 walks away

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with some of the article for sure it's a good article but if you watch some of the articles/video some magizeenes and what not post some of the riders suck so it's not always te best info

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

This is on the trail version, the mountain summit will not get this type of awesome, as when the throttle is pulled in the mtns, it uses more gas and oil.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is on the trail version, the mountain summit will not get this type of awesome, as when the throttle is pulled in the mtns, it uses more gas and oil.
Not if you ride like me Dave! HaHa.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Not if you ride like me Dave! HaHa.

I am sure but has nothing to do with the rider, more that when your are ripping on the trails the sled has way less drag then when it is super deep. Once it is up to speed it is cruising, even if your going 100 mph, but the mountain sleds are constantly having to accelerate through deep snow resistance. Hence more oil in the mtns, and less oil usage on the trail. Braaaap!

Kruchy

Reaction score
In reference to the article. Probably should take into account this is one person's experience.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom