Axys 174 vs 165 G4

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they chose to weigh the two sleds they did?

Why not compare the 155 vs 154??

Why not compare the 174's directly?

Since storage compartments are different, where they full to? You know, since weight is suddenly now such a factor for the Skidoo guys...

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weight is always a factor, most skidoo owners were just in denial that it meant nothing. And you it's still to dam heavy in my opinion.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me add, 2004 Summit, $hit show. 2000 Summit, $hit show. 2003 Rev Summit $hit show. 2005 Summit RT, $hit show.........LOL
Before 2004, anything with the name Bombardier on it was $hit show, unless you lived back east.
And the show must go on.

BRP has a great PR department. IMO the best in the industry. LOL

Have to disagree with a couple of your choices. I had a 2000 700 summit, very good chassis motor wasn't as strong as the 670 but was way more fun to ride.The 2001 summit 800 was awesome, even better when ported. The 2002 summit was the worst sled I ever owned. Had a rev in 2003 and long tracked it, they didn't make the rev into a summit till 2004. The long tracked 2003 rev was the best sled to take up the keystone trail, but my 2003 vertical escape killed it everywhere else. Haven't owned a doo since the rev. This is going to be a long summer. Can't wait to see if this G4 is gonna be a killer or not.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thread. I like how weight comparisons now include different tracks lengths, and various amounts of fuel.

And now, guys are finally saying that *maybe* the T motion should be locked out to improve performance.

And that all you need to do to an amazing machine, is change the skid. That'll make it eat the competition....:rolleyes:

Why can't we just all say that BRP truly dominates the middle. It truly is an amazing, average machine for the masses. That is the one thing it truly does the best. It doesn't handle gnarly terrain the best. Track length and amount of fuel being equal, it's not the lightest. It's not the most powerful. It's not the longest.

It is still the only mountain sled with torsion springs in the rear skid. It is the only mountain sled offered with horizontal steering. It is the only one to offer a pivoting rear skid (that many are chooseing to lock). Up until this year, it sounds like they were the only one to guarantee you won't run out of fuel:p, but it also sounds like they may have fixed that....

If you want a sled that does most things average, in stock form, you won't go wrong with a BRP. If you want the most powerful, buy a yammy. If you want high performance, buy a polaris. If you want performance, and to last longer then a year or two, buy a cat.

This actually very true. I bought my last Doo because it was the best all around machine. Polaris has a better chassis but if you put on a lot of miles or are a bigger guy get ready for reliability issues. Yamaha is king of the alpine but struggles in technical terrain. Cat is good all around but not quite as good as the Doo mostly due to build quality issues.

TWO very good post that IMO are 100% true none bias.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to disagree with a couple of your choices. I had a 2000 700 summit, very good chassis motor wasn't as strong as the 670 but was way more fun to ride.The 2001 summit 800 was awesome, even better when ported. The 2002 summit was the worst sled I ever owned. Had a rev in 2003 and long tracked it, they didn't make the rev into a summit till 2004. The long tracked 2003 rev was the best sled to take up the keystone trail, but my 2003 vertical escape killed it everywhere else. Haven't owned a doo since the rev. This is going to be a long summer. Can't wait to see if this G4 is gonna be a killer or not.
I agree with everything you said, i just didn't want to look like an azz listing all these BRP sleds.
I also had a 2000 Summit Highmark 700, my first DOO ever after joining the BRP team and it never made the season before PTO gave way. It was a common problem with them and eventually BRP used the crank in the 600sdi and the 700 was shelved. The crank seemed to survive the 600sdi much better.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guilty of creeping some of your youtube videos. I wouldn't be to worried about the G4, your sled seems to work pretty good :beer:
I love my pro. Best sled I've ever owned. But it won't last forever. If the G4 is going to be next best thing I have no problem switching brands. Till then it's fun to bash a little what you don't own.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Couple things to say.... Everyone yapping about how good an e-tech is on fuel.........
1.They used 600 e-tech injectors. (they are way faster than the 800 e-tech injectors.. Hence the responsiveness) and they are going to be using MUCH less fuel.... at idle.
2.They added a set of BOOST injectors... which is basically just an extra set of injectors.. and when you tap it... they start spraying... These sleds when being ridden normal.... are going to use the same amount of fuel as the 800's did.
3. as far as anyone asking which climbs better..... Is this your first time? That is about as intelligent as asking "which sled is faster?"... What are you talking about? What are the conditions like? At club there was a video going around of one of the 850's with a 2.5 hanging right with a 174 3".

Pick one you like the best... Ride it. This is ALL hear say until winter time... and even then its going to be all excuses. I PERSONALLY think BRP is light years ahead in the technology department right now. They are consistently the first ones to set the bar for production sleds.. Followed by the other brands a year or sometimes even a couple down the road... and By that time they have already made a new mark again. If you think BRP got away from a 174 to be nice and give the other brands some money... You are mistaken.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thread. I like how weight comparisons now include different tracks lengths, and various amounts of fuel.

And now, guys are finally saying that *maybe* the T motion should be locked out to improve performance.

And that all you need to do to an amazing machine, is change the skid. That'll make it eat the competition....:rolleyes:

Why can't we just all say that BRP truly dominates the middle. It truly is an amazing, average machine for the masses. That is the one thing it truly does the best. It doesn't handle gnarly terrain the best. Track length and amount of fuel being equal, it's not the lightest. It's not the most powerful. It's not the longest.

It is still the only mountain sled with torsion springs in the rear skid. It is the only mountain sled offered with horizontal steering. It is the only one to offer a pivoting rear skid (that many are chooseing to lock). Up until this year, it sounds like they were the only one to guarantee you won't run out of fuel:p, but it also sounds like they may have fixed that....

If you want a sled that does most things average, in stock form, you won't go wrong with a BRP. If you want the most powerful, buy a yammy. If you want high performance, buy a polaris. If you want performance, and to last longer then a year or two, buy a cat.

A very good prospective here, I completely agree.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how all the Doo haters are constantly posting in the Doo threads. LennyR, Clode, Lund... Who are y'all trying to convince? Yourselves??

Lol :stir:

i think I'm liking the new Doo, It seems they've made good changes , hopefully they work well. Now , you, no changes at all , still a loudmouth blowhard, you should consider doing like Doo, Change and improve, you could use it !

Stirred enough ??

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think I'm liking the new Doo, It seems they've made good changes , hopefully they work well. Now , you, no changes at all , still a loudmouth blowhard, you should consider doing like Doo, Change and improve, you could use it !

Stirred enough ??

You are bitter, bitter man LennyR. Try being happy or funny instead of so serious all the time. Would hate to see you not look so cool once. You're wasting your time insulting me. I already know my sled sucks as much as its rider.
7a29c26d9f92bac9628aa06fa722db6a.jpg

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joel jabs with his left, Lenny fights back with a viscous uppercut, Joel shakes it off and comes back with a right. Going to be a ring a ding dong dandy.

how did you avoid the haters list.....

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Under new posts
the first word to this thread is axys
who the hell do u think is going to look at it??

Are u are blinded by just doo only ? Weeak
Maybe there should be a doo guyz only forum on s+m
then u don't have to listen to any one else's info

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 338

LennyR

Active VIP Member