Awesome sunny day in Valemount BC

iamcanadian

Reaction score
more pics Valemount 22.jpg The haze was due to the ongoing forest fires at the time around Prince Geaorge. It was unfortunate that we missed out on the scenery for a few days, but the last day the winds blew the other way and it truly looked like heaven... can't wait to go back... thanks again Curtis

Attachments

• Valemount 23.jpg
    Valemount 23.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 471
  • Valemount 24.jpg
    Valemount 24.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Valemount 25.jpg
    Valemount 25.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I headed out with a few fellas who rolled into the office on Wednesday

We did basically the trip in the pictures above and put on 170km in the day, leaving from the Valemount Marina. Its absolutely amazing down there.

Ive attached a few pics and will have Google and GPS info available at www.valemountrecdevelopment.com by early next week

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 479

kitkat

Reaction score
Hi There!

Overall how would you rate the trip as in difficulty? Is it safe for a family? Looks like it was good day.
Thanks

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I thought the trails were very easy. The road in was wide enough for a pickup as were most trails. The roads and trails were even, but there were often steep hills on either side of the path. I preach about wearing a helmut all the time, I wear mine religously, but I shed mine after a short time. I am not telling anyone not to wear a helmut, I'm just saying that I felt so comfortable on these trails that I did not wear one. One thing to mention... don't go too fast, there's LOTS of cutouts on the trails, they are not very deep, but if you're moving too fast, they can buck you. I'm not a mudder, so I really liked this ride because there weren't any mud pits I had to go through. I think it's fine for a family, although you do get up in elevation at some points, which could be unnerving, but even though you're high up, the roads are wide, smooth and even. I can't recall any steep hill climbs either.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, as mentioned above, all the rides listed on our website www.valemountrecdevelopment.com , are very family friendly. Camp in one of the campgrounds down the lake and you wont need to start your vehicle all vacation. One important thing is that there is really no signage yet for a variety of reasons that we are working on. Best bet is to download the GPS files from our web onto your personal unit to act as a guide.

Call me at 250-566-4817 if you have any questions

Curtis

Landrew

Reaction score
Thanks again for all of you with the tips on where to ride and the pictures you posted that helped me decide to go. Thanks to BC for not making me get insurance and registration so I could ride. Busy year and so for the one trip we had time for anywhere in AB it would have been at least $400 to become legal. Decided to take my money to BC this time. I was in Hinton working and really wanted to hit up Brule or Cadomin/Box Canyon area but not for that price. Decided to drive a bit more

Ended up on top of Canoe Mountain. The little KLX110 bored to a 140cc was a bit tough for my one boy and he made it about 75% up. We just left the bike and I doubled him the rest of the way.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

cell vid:

Canoe Mountain - Valemount BC - YouTube

Ps the Ramada in Valemount needs to turn the pool heater on. When I hit the water coming off the slide I woke right up!!

Last edited:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have carved my name on the big green thing as well..did canoe mtn on a 250r trike..back in the day aro 16 yrs ago

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have carved my name on the big green thing as well..did canoe mtn on a 250r trike..back in the day aro 16 yrs ago

The big green thing is called a Comshell. Don't let my work buddy Eric know you carved in it. He gets all teary eyed when people deface his babies!

Last edited:

Landrew

Reaction score
Odd question, would Canoe Mtn. be the highest point you can legally drive an off road vehicle to in Canada? Methinks it just might be.

driller

Reaction score
I don't know but some pictures i've seen from revelstoke area, trout lake area get pretty high

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, the more time I spend down there and the more pics I see of down in Vale the more I lean towards buying property there..........just got to convince the old lady that there is a lake close by for sea-dooing!!!!!!

The market is great for buying right now too! :thumb:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, the more time I spend down there and the more pics I see of down in Vale the more I lean towards buying property there..........just got to convince the old lady that there is a lake close by for sea-dooing!!!!!!

its the absolute best thing in the world having property in valemount. so much to do. but as far as seadooing i wouldnt caught dead on that lake on a seadoo. lots of debris floating around. LOL

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
OMG... Caught dead would be about the only thing you WOULD be caught doing if you tried sea-dooing there!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG... Caught dead would be about the only thing you WOULD be caught doing if you tried sea-dooing there!

Look out! Thud! What was that? Nothin.......thud...woops...thud...damnit! Pay attention! Good thing its a big boat.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom