AVY Packs !

eagle eye

Reaction score
I tried a vest at one point I really liked it but they are sold out, now the next question is how much of a size difference from the 23 to the 33 litre bag?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ Sorry........couldnt resist.

I got the 33 litre because it wasnt really any heavier. Its a nice sized setup. I dont plan on having much in it, but its nice to have the option.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 BCA float30 avy back packs for sale

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in this. One for me, I'm 6'3" and my daughter who is 5'7 approx. What bag size do you recommend for those who have them. One of each size maybe? One 23 and one 33?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also the "t" handle on these. Do they need to be replaced/rebuilt after deployment. I don't know a lot about these systems.

I'm wondering if I will be able to refill the canister myself. I recharge accumulators up to 5000PSI and have a kit with many fittings. I wonder if I have the correct fitting..... Hmmmmmm. All it would take is to have a bottle here in my garage...

Blown Motor

Reaction score
Vance,
It is sad that Wary has decided to shut down all operations, effective December 31st, 2014. This was one of the best options out there for Avi-Vests in our opinion, but at this time they have decided to no longer operate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DONE! I pulled the trigger and ordered two 23L packs with two rebuild kits and an extra cylinder. Came to $871.98 shipping included.
Checked with a local skuba shop in Calgary $10.00 bucks to refill a cylinder.

Thanks for the post!!! I'm pretty excited. This was the last item on my list to purchase, was holding off because of the cost involved.

Sounds like quantities are getting slim to none.....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the cylinder to The Dive Shop on Macleod Trail today. They've never seen a cyinder like it before.
They are an official refiller for BCA. He also fills a lot of Snowpulse cylinders. They are able to fill the Wary cylinders too. Filled mine and asked me to wait around a bit to make sure it was good. $10.50 is a good deal.
Loaded it in the vest tonight and ready to go!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the cylinder to The Dive Shop on Macleod Trail today. They've never seen a cyinder like it before.
They are an official refiller for BCA. He also fills a lot of Snowpulse cylinders. They are able to fill the Wary cylinders too. Filled mine and asked me to wait around a bit to make sure it was good. $10.50 is a good deal.
Great deal there. He filled my Snowpulse cylinder last week. Dogs were rather barky at me though. They must not have liked the smell of my puppy Bernese Mountain Dog or something.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is the company I called before I bought. We chatted over the phone for a good 20 minutes. I basically told him I was buying a discontinued bag and wanted to make sure I wasn't backing myself into a corner by buying it and not being able to fill it. I directed him to the web sight and the picture of the canister and told him adapters were available to fill at a fire station or from a scuba bottle. He looked at it and said we can fill it!

Thank you for this update! I am very happy to hear you just confirmed this Dan.

Both bags will be charged but my back up bottle will need charging. I figure my daughter and I might as well pull both bags to test them and so we know what to expect should we need to deploy them.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just received both bags, very impressed with them. I didn't realize they came with recharge kits... I bought two extra so now I can recharge 40 times LOL.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just received both bags, very impressed with them. I didn't realize they came with recharge kits... I bought two extra so now I can recharge 40 times LOL.

Let's hope for 40 test fires!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom