AVY Packs !

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wary is going out of business though. Great deal, but buyer beware you won't be getting any support on the purchase. A good dealer may still take care of you though.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like that the shovel and probe is in a pocket rather than strapped to the bag. i have a snowpulse ski avy bag so its the same where the sled ones are external and the shovel fills with snow.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like that the shovel and probe is in a pocket rather than strapped to the bag. i have a snowpulse ski avy bag so its the same where the sled ones are external and the shovel fills with snow.
What a shame it would be to have snow in a shovel, haha. I used to use the Snowpulse Life bag, and I hated having the shovel on the inside. It takes that much longer to get the shovel out of the bag for getting unstuck. Then the shovel goes back in the bag, usually with snow stuck on it, and it just fills the bag with snow. When you take it inside the truck at the end of the day, or take it inside, it just ends up soaking wet. With the shovel on the outside the snow just escapes out the hole in the bottom of the pouch as it loosens up and falls off the shovel.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a shame it would be to have snow in a shovel, haha. I used to use the Snowpulse Life bag, and I hated having the shovel on the inside. It takes that much longer to get the shovel out of the bag for getting unstuck. Then the shovel goes back in the bag, usually with snow stuck on it, and it just fills the bag with snow. When you take it inside the truck at the end of the day, or take it inside, it just ends up soaking wet. With the shovel on the outside the snow just escapes out the hole in the bottom of the pouch as it loosens up and falls off the shovel.

Yah i use a second shovel on my sled for stucks. I could see that is an issue too but i just noticed at the end of the say everyone with highmark bags turning them upside down and smacking then to get the snow out of that shovel pouch.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a second shovel on my tunnel bag for stucks as well, but it's nice if a buddy shows up to dig, he can just undo a couple buckles on your pack and the shovel is free, without anyone having to take their backpack off. Never had an issue with snow filling up that pouch on the back. Maybe the design has changed a bit over the past couple years. My vest from last year has a rather large hole in the bottom of the shovel pouch, likely for exactly what you are saying.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a second shovel on my tunnel bag for stucks as well, but it's nice if a buddy shows up to dig, he can just undo a couple buckles on your pack and the shovel is free, without anyone having to take their backpack off.

When my buddy shows up I just hand him the shovel I already have in my hand! :D

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still worth it to buy one ...no?. Should be about 400 to your door. Hard to pass up.

Has anyone have any experience with these

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Summitseeker

Reaction score
I picked one up a vest at the snowshow yesterday! $349 taxes in! Sweeeeet deal! Going to sell my ABS pack as I vest is more comfortable.

Top Bottom