AVY Packs !

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I guess it's all the same stuff when people are referring to " tek vest"
Sort of, that's why I'm confused. Some people could just be using that term to talk about any sort of upper body protection, which is why I was trying to differentiate.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sort of, that's why I'm confused. Some people could just be using that term to talk about any sort of upper body protection, which is why I was trying to differentiate.

Very possible. I also wear a snowpulse vest Avy bag with the built in armour when the Avy conditions are bad so what do we call that? Lol. I think people are just using that term loosely for everything but they should be called "armoured vests". Tek vest as we discussed has there own trademark brand.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very possible. I also wear a snowpulse vest Avy bag with the built in armour when the Avy conditions are bad so what do we call that? Lol. I think people are just using that term loosely for everything but they should be called "armoured vests". Tek vest as we discussed has there own trademark brand.
Ding ding. completely agree. It's quick and easy to say. I just call it 'armour'.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ding ding. completely agree. It's quick and easy to say. I just call it 'armour'.

All I know is they have saved my ass a few times. I also wear downhill bikers shin/knee pads after a jump went wrong and I cracked my oil tank with my left knee.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is they have saved my ass a few times. I also wear downhill bikers shin/knee pads after a jump went wrong and I cracked my oil tank with my left knee.
Me too! I hit a drop I couldn't see (super flat conditions) and drove my knee into the hood, actually bending my clutch cover, and putting my brake reservoir up underneath my helmet and through my bottom lip. Maybe we should start a Body Armour Thread and stop jacking this Avy pack one.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too! I hit a drop I couldn't see (super flat conditions) and drove my knee into the hood, actually bending my clutch cover, and putting my brake reservoir up underneath my helmet and through my bottom lip. Maybe we should start a Body Armour Thread and stop jacking this Avy pack one.

I agree.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we call it we know what each other means.

Wary used to call it the " impact vest " now its just avy vest.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing a buddy pointed out after I ordered mine. They offer a clip on pocket to hold your shovel blade. It was $20, now it's $9.99. I'm trying to reply to the order email to have that added. They've removed all contact info from the website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
support@thewary.com they got back to me today with shipping info. I would have liked to get the external pocket as well....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
support@thewary.com they got back to me today with shipping info. I would have liked to get the external pocket as well....

Thanks.
They said I need to order the pocket separately with the $70 shipping fee. They will credit that shipping cost and put the pocket in with the original order for the vest.

UPDATE: Refunded the shipping cost pretty fast. Too bad they're going out of business. Seems like a good company to deal with.

Last edited:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine shipped already...oh well the sled carries most anything else I need anyway.

Hate to see them go out of business.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang that's a deal...but I just can't get over the shovel and probe being inside the pack/vest.

Still...it's tempting

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang that's a deal...but I just can't get over the shovel and probe being inside the pack/vest.

Still...it's tempting

Why is keeping the shovel and probe inside and issue?
It will be definitely be secure. On my Snowpulse, I have to make sure the probe is secure or stored inside. The shovel and handle are easy and I can't see it taking any longer to retrieve them from the Wary vest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Granted the only pack I have used is one with both the probe and the shovel on the outside, I've just come accustomed to their placement and the addition of the zipper would take me some getting used too.

I'm intrigued with the vests though, many people tell me they are the way to go as far as comfort and a heck of a lot more stable.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Granted the only pack I have used is one with both the probe and the shovel on the outside, I've just come accustomed to their placement and the addition of the zipper would take me some getting used too.

I'm intrigued with the vests though, many people tell me they are the way to go as far as comfort and a heck of a lot more stable.
So buy the external pocket for 9.99

Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my Avivest yesterday!
I was concerned about the amount of room for storage when I bought it since I didn't see a lot of info on the website. It has more room than my Snowpulse.
Spent a little time last night loading it up with my gear. I'm looking forward to wearing this.
I have to make a trip to the scuba shop to get the tank filled.

Checked their website last night and they are sold out.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on, got mine last week. I have no issues with the storage either. The quality seem top notch.
I loaded it up with my gear and put it on , feels much lighter than the old bca packs. Yea just need to find a scuba shop now.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a used one if anybody is still looking.
Like new, full canister, external shovel pocket and armour included.

Top Bottom