avy pack what to buy

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking into buying a avalanche pack , My question is what brand , snow pulse or abs . Any feed back would be great thanks .

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i personally use a BCA Float 30. very comfortable, lots of room, pull cord on the right side, easily refillable and one of the most affordable

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the search feature, there probably is a couple of 100 post threads on this topic.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the float30. Just used it for the first time today and it was surprisingly comfortable. Quite a bit cheaper than the abs. Its a bit heavy but once u get it on didn't mind it.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tekvest......$750 carries all your avy stuff and saves the ribs! not big and bulky like a back pack! your lunch and other crap can go in the tunnel bag so your not carring all the weight! just my 2 cents!

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a few rides on my snowpulse now and i really like the bag. It's the highmark 30L and has tons of room. Seems to be a bit heavy when loaded with all the stuff you need for the backcountry, but is not noticeable even when diggin out stuck sleds for a full day in this deep bottomless powder :d.

Overall the fit and finish of the back looks nice and it is very comfortable.

Hope this helps :beer:

ratpak

Reaction score
Buy an ABS pack, they are the best. It's science! :cool:

BCA and Snowpulse are filled with dirty, dirty air from an old bicycle pump... :p

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
BCA Float here as well.
Pulled the rip cord to test the two I have and really like them...so do the girls...

Attachments

• IMG_5939.jpg
    IMG_5939.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 196

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
there is a new BCA float 30 on Kijiji calgary for $600....

w2r has probably already offered the guy $250 & a snickers bar so $500 might get it....

Just sayin...

All4Traction

Reaction score
Hmm, sounds too pricey. Besides, I just bought an BCA Float 30 a couple weeks ago.

Back on topic....I bought the BCA because of the price, and its cheaper to get refilled every year.

I didnt weigh the BCA vs the ABS or Snowpulse, so im not sure which is heavier, but i know the BCA felt quite heavy when I had some gear in it.

Monster 1000

Reaction score
float 30 for me. wore it last year a bit heavy when loaded but good shoulder straps and hip strap transfer weight so once on its comfy.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just think what your life is worth to you and if married wife and kids. best pack is abs. they are getting cheaper and now you can get new bottle and trigger in edm. for fifty bucks. nitergen bottle stay a same pressure no matter how cold or how high you go. You get the most floatation out of the two bags on each side. They have been proven for the most years. Don,t let money come before your life.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just think what your life is worth to you and if married wife and kids. best pack is abs. they are getting cheaper and now you can get new bottle and trigger in edm. for fifty bucks. nitergen bottle stay a same pressure no matter how cold or how high you go. You get the most floatation out of the two bags on each side. They have been proven for the most years. Don,t let money come before your life.

I'm worth more to my wife dead.......

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems lots of guys are pointing towards the abs pack . keep the great info comeing , Thanks guys .:d:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
seems lots of guys are pointing towards the abs pack . keep the great info comeing , Thanks guys .:d:d

Seeing as your on the Island, you could always just strap Joey to your back...he's full of hot air... probably get some big air on those sweet jumps with his extra lift....

Top Bottom