Avy bag

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting an Avy bag this year for sure. Where is the cheapest place to get one from? Looking around the web, BCA Float bags seem to be the most inexpensive, is there a reason for this, are the other brands better?

Thanks

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check avalanche safety solutions web site they have lots and good prices. They normally have used packs for sale for really good prices. I picked up a snowpulse 10L pack a couple years ago for the gf for like 500. And it was like brand new when I got it.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that! They do have pretty good pricing. Found one on their site, I'm going to buy already.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend doing some research and find out what bag works best for you. The cheapest bags are exactly what they are, a cheap bag. You get what you pay for and I strongly believe avalanche safety is not something to cheap out on. I went with the snow pulse hi mark 30L as I needed a large pack to pack emergency supplies, first aid kit, survival gear etc. At the time the Snowpulse bag was the only bag that offered outside shovel access and was purposely built for snowmobiling. Do some homework and look at all the models and brands and if you can try them on and find what pack fits you best, I would also highly recommend doing this as you will be wearing the pack all day long and the last thing you want is a pack that is uncomfortable. Their is some great options out their this year and they have come down in price considerably from a few years ago. Good luck on your purchase and please report back with what pack you went with, why, and how you like it

Thanks

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried on all of the major brands each one has it's good and bad points to me it comes down to which one fits me the best I didn't like the way the bca bags felt when I tired them on the best fit / most comfortable for me was the abs pack followed really closely by the Snowpulse I haven't bought one yet waiting to see what kind of deals are at the sled show

magnet32

Reaction score
I have a float 30 and switched to snow pulse vest with armor , can't carry as much but no more sore back !

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From your personal experience what's a good size bag? I was leaning towards a 30. Is a 22 enough? I like to carry some extra layers, an extra pair of gloves/goggles, some pops, lunch, water.

Last edited:

sorsy

Reaction score
I have a float 30 and switched to snow pulse vest with armor , can't carry as much but no more sore back !

Bought this same pack this past year you could not have worded it any better. May not be able to carry a whole hell of alot (Lunch,3 extra pairs of gloves, probe shovel, saw, first aid kit, and some other little nick nacks) but I also have a new pro with a tunnel bag under hood bag defrost bag and handle bar bag so if you cant fit everything you need in the bag and on the sled you are packing way too much gear! Love this bag for that reason no more sore back!! One dislike I had with it was the zipper some times it gets frosted up and is a pain to get off.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From your personal experience what's a good size bag? I was leaning towards a 30. Is a 22 enough? I like to carry some extra layers, an extra pair of gloves/goggles, some pops, lunch, water.

i have a snow pulse 22 and love it. lots of storage, very comfortable, and easy to take off and put on (lots of stucks). i have a full set of base layer, socks, 3 sets of gloves, balacava, 2 goggles, shovel, camera and bi pod, 2 saws, first aid kit, and rope in the pack and have lots of room. i leave my water and food in the trunk. i thought of getting the 30 but i would fill it up and then its way to heavy.

i find the stomach strap to losen off while riding and ice up. im gonna have my wife sew it to a set position and should cure that issue.

i also like how it has the horse shoe shape so it protects your head and neck once triggered.

like said previously. you get what you pay for.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the snow pulse 30l guide. You can make its super heavy cause of the size. But i keep just fleece pants, sweater, warm gloves and some paper and matches. Just incase it gets super cold or stuck over night.

I like the ski one cause everything's inside a zippered pocket not strapped to it, so i just pat mine and all the snow falls off it, not like the sled ones with a bunch of packed snow between the shovel and the bag.

If i got one now i would get the heli 22 cause ive put less and less in it and more on my sled, less fatiguing

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After doing a bit of research, I went with the BCA Float 32. It has good reviews from different sites on the web and it was the one that fit my budget the best. I guess all I can do now it wait and see.

Bring on the snow!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was the one that fit my budget the best!

Congrats on the purchase!

I also agree with others here that you get what you pay for, but first and fore most is that it's better to have any one of the available products on the market, rather than nothing at all!

Blows my mind, the number of times I see guys with lifted trucks, big enclosed, next to new sleds, all the smack talk! But refuse to shell out a few extra bucks for avy training, equipment, or even trail fees!

Top Bottom