Avi vest

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like $695 for the mtn vest, FAQ section on the website says you can't wear a backpack with it and only enough room for bottlw of water, shovel probe.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The AVI Vest are $625.00 plus shipping.
The armour vest is $695.00 plus tax

There is actually a fare bit of storage in them. I use a tunnel Bag for all my lunch goodies and extra coat, etc. the vest stil keeps you avy gear on you and fits nicer than a bulky pack.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kinda price are the avi vests? Who carries them? Doo they fit over tech vests?

$625.00 plus shipping.they fit over tek vests, i ordered mine from the Avi vest site, there dealer is not up on there website.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would go over the coat and tek vest - might be bulky
Doesn't appear to have the crotch strap so there would seem to be a risk of it being pulled off in a avalanche.

Your thoughts TABSTER

I does have a crotch strap. if you look at the test dummies and read through the site i mentions a couple places and you see it in the pictures.
i haven't got mine yet, when i do i will give a review.

http://www.avivest.com/research/photos.php

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks, neil.......seen these and kinda liked them..... Would be less bulk hanging off your back with a backpack. Waitin' for your review when you get yours..... Thanks again!!!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, neil.......seen these and kinda liked them..... Would be less bulk hanging off your back with a backpack. Waitin' for your review when you get yours..... Thanks again!!!

Will keep you posted

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I like carring my survial pak with me, this vest would allow some of the items to be carried but not all of them, would just have to re think the packing.....also sent the floowing question off to ...will@avivest.com.

Good day

Spotted your product on the Snow and Mud web site and then reviewed the information on your website.
Just have one question, if the bottles use standard compressed air for deployment, can they be filled at any qualified / authorized compressed air facility. Ie most dive shops…..

Regard’s

Dale Kay

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The following was thier answer.....

Hi Dale,

They can be refilled. We had hoped to have refill stations in many areas by now. But we don't yet. Where are you located?

Its easiest to swap out bottles through us or a dealer. If you assume the liability for refilling, that's ok. It's just compressed air.

Let me know if I can help with anything,

Will

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would assume that like the BCA pack dive shops could fill it as well the BCA refill places like mountain magic would do it also. Interesting product lot less bulk like stated lookin forward to some feedback

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been lookin at gettin one as well, seems way better than wearin a pack to me....if youre worried about gettin one thatll fit over a tek vest just get the impact vest,, should be available soon they said, its an avy vest with plating already built in.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome test videos. That sells the product for sure. I just bought two BCA float 30s for $560 each at the sled show. I need more room for a jacket liner, etc. The vest looks like a very similar bag deployment, so these test videos make me feel even better about buying the packs. Thanks.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
At Mountain Magic we are the AVI-VEST dealer in Edmonton. Our first stocking order will be here next week. Phone the shop at (780) 474-9400 for info. Check with us next week, we have seen the vests and they look good and we are expecting alot of interest. If you want to get one, phone us and I will put you on our list. The price is as listed $695 U.S. plus freight for the impact vest. We will also have the capability to service the bottles.

Bruce

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anybody know of any avivest dealers in the red deer area?like the idea of the vest,looks more comfortable than a back pack.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally a tekvest with a built in avalanche bag! Gotta love it!

Anybody wanna buy my 2 year old Snowpulse pack and a Tekvest? :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
at mountain magic we are the avi-vest dealer in edmonton. Our first stocking order will be here next week. Phone the shop at (780) 474-9400 for info. Check with us next week, we have seen the vests and they look good and we are expecting alot of interest. If you want to get one, phone us and i will put you on our list. The price is as listed $695 u.s. Plus freight for the impact vest. We will also have the capability to service the bottles.

Bruce

hey bruce........ The "impact vest" is the avi bag with the armour in it, right? Like a tekvest with an avi bag, is what i was trying to say..... So it's $695 plus shipping

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize that it is a tek vest too. I must have missed that on their website. That's pretty good bang for the buck.

Top Bottom