Avi season has begun, be careful out there!!!!

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Just heard that a sledder was buried in an avi in Prince George area today. His body had not been found yet because he wasn't wearing his beacon. He apparently left in the truck. A skiers was also killed in an avi in the states today.Our group was riding in the tree on Frisbie and trigger an avi that over 3 feet think. The avi wad trigger by just driving the sled below the slop. With all the new snow and wind Revy has had over the last week things are not too stable. Please be care out there and wear your avi gear. Ensure you buddies also have theirs.

Attachments

• IMAG0237.jpg
    IMAG0237.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 742
  • IMAG0236.jpg
    IMAG0236.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 705
  • IMAG0235.jpg
    IMAG0235.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 709
  • IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 709
  • IMAG0233.jpg
    IMAG0233.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 708
  • IMAG0232.jpg
    IMAG0232.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 708

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
surprising to have avys so early... hopefully not an omen for ther year!!

How are the new Cats working?

T

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Riding on Saturday at Frisbee, was carving down some steep & deep powder and noticed the snow was sliding downhill really easy. Didn't break in a slab, but was tumbling down in chunks all around me. Visibility was very poor so it was tough to see why at the time. Be careful out there!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm aging myself a bit but back in mid nov in 1995 there was tons of snow early.We were at gorman lake and three of us got hit by a large avy.Got very lucky that day,I popped up top but one got buried to his neck and lucky had his hand on other buddies helmet 2' below the snow.Next day we rode quartz, and even the meadows were sliding as you drove buy. My only point is avys can happen in nov and big ones.We never had any other mishaps that winter but I have never been back to gorman either.Back in those days you didnt have websites like this, somebody farts on the mountain and you read about it today.

dcmoto212

Reaction score
Nice to see the updated conditions on a consistant basis!! Buy the safety gear and learn how to use it is step1 before attempting the mountain trips or any for that fact... Its not the best feeling having to make the hardest phone call of your life to a family saying there has been an accident... Point is we all want to Talk to you Not About you!!! Stay safe have fun and keep it real... Great updates and advice to all members.

trailblazer

Reaction score
If you read the avi forcast,it's slidding because of a huge dump of snow resting on a thick layer of Nov 7 hoar frost that is large in size and depth(we know what buried hoar frost means...i hope).Included is wind loading,fairly warm however cooling off,with more snow to come.This makes for an extremly reactive,delicate snowpack.Large naturals releasing and hitting near valley bottoms.Know what's above you and stay in meadows and trees, away open slopes for a while.

It's early,and we'er ALL to young!!

Top Bottom