avalanche conditions

brewster

Reaction score
Heading down to valemont/mcbride area on the 27th, curious if anyone knows of the avalanche conditions and what the weather has been like!!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading down to valemont/mcbride area on the 27th, curious if anyone knows of the avalanche conditions and what the weather has been like!!

No offense, but it's shockly scary that you don't know this info already.

I guess it's a start to ask, but if you go to the mountains you NEED this information.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the weather forecast for the upcoming week

Follow the CAA avy reports as often as you can and you will begin to remember and understand more of what is happening throughout the year.

Conditions are generally getting better in most areas, but the mountains should always be treated with caution. Like has been stated before, there is tonnes of riding to be had in the area without exposing yourself to serious risk.

Whatever the rating is for the day, use it as a piece of knowledge, but it all comes down to your choices in the end.

Have Fun !!

brewster

Reaction score
No offense, but it's shockly scary that you don't know this info already.

I guess it's a start to ask, but if you go to the mountains you NEED this information.

Well I've been going to the mountains for 3 years now and have checked out a few of those websites, but i also work a lot and don't have the chance to stay to currant on the conditions, but thank you Curtis and krazy Canadian I appreciate it. By the way Curtis I've rode with u a few times through Kris balnecki and there is nothing better then the info that comes from yourself and other locals

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be aware the Avy forcast is for a huge area. The area you happen to be in may be worse (or better) than what the forcaster thinks.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I've been going to the mountains for 3 years now and have checked out a few of those websites, but i also work a lot and don't have the chance to stay to currant on the conditions,

I don't think that holds very well. At the very least you can check it before you go out every time and they are thorough enough to give important info to consider.

Hotels post the info, restuarants post the info, information centers will no doubt be able to get the info, and your good old trusty phone (even without internet and e-mail) can phone in the info. Not mention you can check so easily with today's technology. Phone interenet, phone e-mail, ipod hi-fi, etc. Takes 5 minutes.

At least you checked. Fav' it on your browser and check it whenever you go out. That's all I'm asking and all that EVERYBODY should do.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The conditions are pretty good in the north and not near the problems like
Revy area is having

Mcbride area last weekend saw nothing for Avy even real high in shoots and now with cooler weather things are stable but a big snow fall can change it all

As always be aware and keep on the look out for signs as you ride

Ride Smart

birdie

gartho

Reaction score
you can tag on to Zachs Tracs, they will post daily cac forecastor with the avy info to make good riding choices.:d enjoy

brewster

Reaction score
I don't think that holds very well. At the very least you can check it before you go out every time and they are thorough enough to give important info to consider.

Hotels post the info, restuarants post the info, information centers will no doubt be able to get the info, and your good old trusty phone (even without internet and e-mail) can phone in the info. Not mention you can check so easily with today's technology. Phone interenet, phone e-mail, ipod hi-fi, etc. Takes 5 minutes.

At least you checked. Fav' it on your browser and check it whenever you go out. That's all I'm asking and all that EVERYBODY should do.

Thanks everyone play safe.

Top Bottom