Avalanch transceivers

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
Pieps dsp is the best one I have owned so far we test them every ride and u can't hide from me lol

I agree, I have the pieps as well. Most of the new ones are easy to use. I've done the zacs tracs beacon range test numerous times and the pieps is usually the top for range, and often by a fair bit. Its also very easy to use. There a ton of excellent products on the market. Just make sure its digital and not analog. Good luck

RMKKing

Reaction score
I have 2 of the Mammut PULSE by Barryvox, by far the easiest beacon to use for single or multiple burials, drop me a PM and I might let one go for a decent price, they retail for $475-$500.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a tracker 2. It was the cheapest 3 antenna beacon at the time (I was in University so a budget was a rule). Starting to consider upgrading though. Riding partner has an Ortovox 3+ and it seems a bit better. Doing my AST1 this weekend so I may take both up and see what Lori has to say.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
S1 is hands down the best beacon in the market right now... But definatly not the cheapest that's for sure! But you will not have to buy a new one because you can keep upgrading it at the dealership... So many things about it that nobody ever talks about.... Second burial switch over... If it doesn't move for a set period of time it switches back to transmit. It's like a flip phone.. You open it and you see pictures... If its a multiple burial you run you the different guys...depths pop up... If they are too deep you can mark it on the beacon and go check someone else closer to the surface then have more hands helping the other guy! Can't get more user friendly that flipping the thing open and looking at a screen and walking towards some people on the screen. Imo

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but what if the other guy is just as deep or deeper ?? u just runaway from the first signal ?? i dont like yer way of thinking ... glad u dont ride with us 0.o

What if the other guys are a foot down then you have more helpers and more alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
but what if the other guy is just as deep or deeper ?? u just runaway from the first signal ?? i dont like yer way of thinking ... glad u dont ride with us 0.o

you don't just run away..... he said you get people helping that guy...... READ THE WHOLE MESSAGE.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have u ever been in or seen a "real" Avy ??? so are u going to run the quarter mile to find the others closer to the surface ? tick tick tick time is life ! just start digging like a mad man

Yes i most certainly have multiple times. Now you are correct if its just you. But of there's multiple people on the surface they stay and dig and you keep looking. Pretty simple

Top Bottom