Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found out mine is starting to quit
Time for a new one.
What the best bang for your $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crosroads

Reaction score
Just did a beacon test with zacstracs at the rescue workshop on Sunday and found out that my tracker 2 has the worst range out of all the other brands. It's really easy to use though.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a pieps dsp. Doesn't cost much more then the others but works a lot better. Do you want one to just say you have one or do you want to buy one that if you need it, it will work well. Have you taken a field course lately. It can show you the difference 100-150 dollars can make.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the BCA Tracker 2 last year (rented) and it is easy to use. I bought one this year and went with the Ortovox Patroller Digital (). It's stupid easy to use and understand, and the price was right (I got it on sale for $200 at Martin's Motorsports West, and I think they are regular $290).

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a pieps dsp. Doesn't cost much more then the others but works a lot better. Do you want one to just say you have one or do you want to buy one that if you need it, it will work well. Have you taken a field course lately. It can show you the difference 100-150 dollars can make.

Want one so if I need to find someone I can.(hope I never need too tho)
Took my ats on the weekend found out they don't work I have a tracker now
In our group of ten 8 had the outorv 3 +
Any one know much on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ortovox 3 is the one with the recall on it right now I think. Check into it before you buy.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pieps dsp is the best one I have owned so far we test them every ride and u can't hide from me lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
There is no recall. It's anything outside North America. See sticky on snowmobile chat

PJ440x

Reaction score
I wonder if that new pieps is out yet? The one with the gps in it?

Pieps Vector! I was wondering the same thing, I have a Tracker 1 and would like to upgrade. I'm thinking that this new pieps will be more readily available and cheaper next year, so I may hold off!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PC080016.jpg
this one here is what I use at work a Marmot (spellin) it is the easiest one I have ever use just follow the arrow on the screen and there are sold here on S&M adds

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the mammut element and it seems to work great has multiple beacon search and is very easy to use
head to head against a tracker 2 it works way better was able to find the second beacon in close proximity in seconds

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the Mammot element and so far I like it. Super easy one button use and has multiple person feature.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mamut barryvox element works well for me, muliple burials, sends u to the closest beacon, mark it and then go to the next. etc. great range easy to use. need more practice though.

seen a couple of the ortrovox +3 beacons used in the field, they had internal operating problems, me i'd stay away from them if my life was on the line.

barryvox, pieps would be the beacons i would seriously look at. tracker beacons have alot of sales hype on easy to use, they are not. lack range and have trouble in multiple searches.

NO MATTER WHAT BEACON YOU GET PRACTICE LOTS,

then PRACTICE some more, till operating is second nature

your riding bud will thank you if you do.

otherwise you'll be wearing a suit to your buds funeral.

Last edited:
Top Bottom