Atv riders west platinum riders choice awards 2012

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just received my latest Riderswest, Summer 2012///22.5 edition in the mail, and looking at the 5 ANNUAL ATV RIDER'S CHOICE AWARDS, I noticed that HIGH PRAIRIE received the GOLD for Favorite Overall ATVing Area in AB. I am hopping that someone can help me understand this selelction. Do they even have a ATV Club in the area? I can understand the Crowsnwst Pass getting the Platinum and Swan Hills getting the Silver, BUT.:twocents: How about Mclean Creek???
But I guess if no one votes, they, the Magazine can do whatever they want.?????

Bruce.

Last edited:

inallout

Reaction score
Mclean didn't get picked because all it is anymore is a mud pit full of hooligans. Ghost itself is larger and a better riding area. So is indian graves or porqupine hills. In my opinion Mclean has lost what it was once known for.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just received my latest Riderswest, Summer 2012///22.5 edition in the mail, and looking at the 5 ANNUAL ATV RIDER'S CHOICE AWARDS, I noticed that HIGH PRAIRIE received the GOLD for Favorite Overall ATVing Area in AB. I am hopping that someone can help me understand this selelction. Do they even have a ATV Club in the area? I can understand the Crowsnwst Pass getting the Platinum and Swan Hills getting the Silver, BUT.:twocents: How about Mclean Creek???
But I guess if no one votes, they, the Magazine can do whatever they want.?????

Bruce.

If you find out how they got the votes let us know...

no wonder why I can't find anyone to ride dirt bikes in High Prairie... everyone up here loves their training wheels... we get tonnes and tonnes of people up here using the lake from all around so maybe that's why its so popular... if anyone rides two wheels let me know... i was just kidding about the training wheels I am looking at a Grizzly 700 right now

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mclean didn't get picked because all it is anymore is a mud pit full of hooligans. Ghost itself is larger and a better riding area. So is indian graves or porqupine hills. In my opinion Mclean has lost what it was once known for.

Yes, Crown Land close to a Large Population Area, and Riders that dont give a s##t. Justgiver. Indian Graves got their put downer a couple of years ago, so I wonder how long it will take for the same thing to happen to Mclean Creek. We need some Quad Enforcment Officers out there before this happens to more places. (Rant Over).

k B4 Y G, Bruce

Last edited:

inallout

Reaction score
Ya i totally agree. I've spent quite a bit of time already this year in willow creek/indian graves and ever since they cracked down and banned everything larger then a quad theres been a noticeable difference in the quality/cleanliness of the riding areas and environment. The braided trails and mud in mclean is a disgrace. I completely understand when people are outraged at the destruction of these public facilities, especially when it can all be avoided with a little bit of responsible riding. The crackdown at Mclean is long over due

Top Bottom