ASSumptions

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only sledding chick that has had this happen.

Out on a sledding trip eating breakfast at a diner. Chatting to the table next to us and the one older guys kid asks me how much my sled is. Well...the dad chimes in and says "well you see son, it costs him a lot *pointing to my friend* and her nothing".

I put down my toast and replied "you might want to take your foot out of your mouth because THAT is actually MINE". He didn't have much to say after that....

:D :beer:

WELL !....I hope you got your friend to pay for breakfast and got the hell out of there!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the opportunity hasn't presented itself to me much since majority of the time i'm riding I'm with Boydo, but there was one particular time I recall a few years back a GF and I decided we were going to to do a solo day ride, it was my first time going ever without any guys , let alone my own man, just two chicks, two bikes and a truck lol. We pulled up to a gas station to fill up before we headed out, and there was a truck with bikes in the back, and the dudes are doin the same. They didn't say anything but we got a few sideways glances as they were getting in and out. Turns out, they're going to the same place because we saw them again at the staging area, and okay we're both tiny little girls and we're slightly struggling to unload the bikes (we didn't have ramps) so we're hand bombing the bikes out of my gf's truck (getting them in was much harder LOL) the guys pop over to ask if we needed a hand, and we simply replied "Nope, we got em in, we can get em out.. but thanks". :)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the opportunity hasn't presented itself to me much since majority of the time i'm riding I'm with Boydo, but there was one particular time I recall a few years back a GF and I decided we were going to to do a solo day ride, it was my first time going ever without any guys , let alone my own man, just two chicks, two bikes and a truck lol. We pulled up to a gas station to fill up before we headed out, and there was a truck with bikes in the back, and the dudes are doin the same. They didn't say anything but we got a few sideways glances as they were getting in and out. Turns out, they're going to the same place because we saw them again at the staging area, and okay we're both tiny little girls and we're slightly struggling to unload the bikes (we didn't have ramps) so we're hand bombing the bikes out of my gf's truck (getting them in was much harder LOL) the guys pop over to ask if we needed a hand, and we simply replied "Nope, we got em in, we can get em out.. but thanks". :)

He's a a$$ cause he asked if ya wanted help?? What am I missing in the story? Ask your "Man" if he gave you some sidewise glances the day he met u .... It's called checking out your a$$ , if he says he didn't hate to tell ya .....he's probably gay!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing to do with them being an a$$ as much as the 'assumption' that us girls couldn't handle it ourselves. lol. He probably 'Assumed', that we had men load our bikes for us, and that we required help getting them out. That, or, he was clearly just trying to hit on us.. whatever it may be, they still A$$umed! ;)

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or they were genuinely trying to be nice guys and help someone out. I know this is really hard to believe these days, where it seems that no one is nice, or helps out anyone any more. A couple weeks ago, I was out at Silent and some guy was backing up his trailer to turn it around. I jumped out and helped to guide him. I would have done it whether it was male or female. I'm not assuming he can't do it, just wanted to help him out and make it easier for him. You said yourself that you were 'slightly struggling', I would have offered to help too.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing to do with them being an a$$ as much as the 'assumption' that us girls couldn't handle it ourselves. lol. He probably 'Assumed', that we had men load our bikes for us, and that we required help getting them out. That, or, he was clearly just trying to hit on us.. whatever it may be, they still A$$umed! ;)

Totally unfair statement. You're the one assuming. I'd offer to help anyone struggling to unload 2 bikes....male or female. :nono:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Later that day we had a turbo cat go down, none of us had a tow strap, so Candice jetted back to my truck to grab some straps while we worked at starting a fire.

Can't believe Candice didn't have a rope. Darren's always broken down! :D

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know as a sledder i appreciate the genuine help ;) Whether its bc im female or bc im a fellow sledder I dunno, could go either way somedays im sure, and depending on my situation I really don't care if you stop bc im a girl or not. Unless im nose first into a tree well, leave me long enough I'll get myself out, but some muscle for a lift or a pull never goes astray. I always try to help others out when I can too, bc I know the appreciation of being given a hand. You do get the occassional dude thats not always sure if you can help em out, but eh trying counts for something. I'm not decked out in pink but I'm sure I'm still distinguishable as a girl on the hill.

I know those looks your talkin about LD. I remember first trip this season I pull into C.O.P. to fuel up before carrying on through the pass and theres a few other rigs around all dudes, few of em were giving me wary looks when I hopped out, scrambled onto the deck and fuelled up my sled. I just thought eh no big whoop, need fuel to burn dont i? haha but meh maybe they were just wondering where I was goin and that they hoped it wasnt where they were going bc they wanted all the fresh snow! (early season we're all a lil greedy ;) )

Good feeling moment on that same trip tho was I came thru the pass late at night (93S to radium), and a truck w 4place trailer pulled in not far behind me. got to be white out conditions road fully covered, doing like 30-50 k/h, I had only seen maybe 4 other vehicles and all I was thinking was "please dont pass me guys, please dont pass me guys" lol bc if i hit the ditch I didnt know when I'd see anyone else and I had no cell service. Lo and behold just keep trucking, all is good, and see them in the stage area next day. So I went over and thanked them for staying behind me thru the pass and they were all shocked that I was the solo sled truck running ahead of them. They thought I was looking for buddies or something bc I was travelling the pass alone and they rarely see that. Said they were just tryin to keep up an if I was the one driving well hot dam I was quite the driver. :D made my morning for sure.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On the way home from fire training today I stopped to get groceries. While leaving 85+ year old woman loading her groceries which included a big bag of flour and sugar. I a$$umed she could load it herself as she got it in the cart! Didn't stop me from stopping to help her. -28 and -40 windchill. She tried to pay me....I said no need....we're all just trying to get threw till tomorrow! U get in and stay warm!

I don't think I was hitting on her by doing this.... But she did have a nice car and a sexy scarf!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it she did give me some sideways glances!

....she was totally checking me out!
I still got it !

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And here died these gentlemen's last attempt at chivalry.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And here died these gentlemen's last attempt at chivalry.

Yup, no point in being nice anymore, people just A$$ume you think they are useless if you offer help. Thats why i usually only offer assistance to older people who appreciate the help.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, no point in being nice anymore, people just A$$ume you think they are useless if you offer help. Thats why i usually only offer assistance to older people who appreciate the help.
I learned this a few years back, a woman maybe in her mid 30's pulls up to the UFA cardlock island where I'm fueling up my pickup, she's driving an older ford diesel pickup. she goes to the kiosk and does her thing and grabs the dyed gasoline nozzle, so I mention to her she may have the wrong pump. she asks if I think she's "f**king stupid" and puts it in the tank and starts filling. I just looked at her for a second, laughed, and hung up the hose and pulled away. betcha her husband was angry....or so I A$$ume

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I learned this a few years back, a woman maybe in her mid 30's pulls up to the UFA cardlock island where I'm fueling up my pickup, she's driving an older ford diesel pickup. she goes to the kiosk and does her thing and grabs the dyed gasoline nozzle, so I mention to her she may have the wrong pump. she asks if I think she's "f**king stupid" and puts it in the tank and starts filling. I just looked at her for a second, laughed, and hung up the hose and pulled away. betcha her husband was angry....or so I A$$ume

That's fricken awesome !!!
I guess ya can't help/fix stupid !

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bet that made her peni$ fall right off!!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up in Revy with a GF, and we were supposed to go riding up Boulder with a group of people that jammed and left us to take out their buddy who had been riding for a couple of years. We had both only been up Turtle the day before, so that was where we were comfortable going, and this guy ended up tagging along with us. We got to the first decent pull into Turtle and he was a mess! He kept saying that his suspension was broken, so I had a look under his sled... Nothing obvious there. Then I hopped on his sled and pulled the hill to see if it was the sled, nope, not the sled!! We ended up heading home because this guy A$$umed that he'd be able to keep up with a couple of girls no problem. We told him I had been riding since I was 5 so he didn't feel bad :)

Top Bottom