ASSumptions

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only sledding chick that has had this happen.

Out on a sledding trip eating breakfast at a diner. Chatting to the table next to us and the one older guys kid asks me how much my sled is. Well...the dad chimes in and says "well you see son, it costs him a lot *pointing to my friend* and her nothing".

I put down my toast and replied "you might want to take your foot out of your mouth because THAT is actually MINE". He didn't have much to say after that....

This happens more times than I can count especially when I am carpooling. Any other ladies out there have a funny story where you put a guy in his place for ASSuming?! :D :beer:

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm sure I'm not the only sledding chick that has had this happen.

Out on a sledding trip eating breakfast at a diner. Chatting to the table next to us and the one older guys kid asks me how much my sled is. Well...the dad chimes in and says "well you see son, it costs him a lot *pointing to my friend* and her nothing".

I put down my toast and replied "you might want to take your foot out of your mouth because THAT is actually MINE". He didn't have much to say after that....

This happens more times than I can count especially when I am carpooling. Any other ladies out there have a funny story where you put a guy in his place for ASSuming?! :D :beer:

Same trip I had a table of guys asking about my house and saying I got a sweet score in the divorce or break up...once again had to put them in their place and say no...actually some girls BUY their OWN stuff.

I'd never ask a girl if it was her sled...truck or house. I'm sorry, it's a MANS world.....
Just kidding of course, we by nature of our upbringing aSSume its the guys.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd never ask a girl if it was her sled...truck or house. I'm sorry, it's a MANS world.....
Just kidding of course, we by nature of our upbringing aSSume its the guys.

lmao...ur lucky I'm in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant or you'd be in trouble! haha jk.

I can kind of see why people assume, but come on...it's 2013 and there are some chicks out there that actually buy their own stuff. House, vehicle, toys etc. I know quite a few.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
lmao...ur lucky I'm in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant or you'd be in trouble! haha jk.

I can kind of see why people assume, but come on...it's 2013 and there are some chicks out there that actually buy their own stuff. House, vehicle, toys etc. I know quite a few, and I also know quite a few VERY reliant on their men.

I can't argue that, i know many and my wife is one independent soul herself.
In many cases it's just an oversight, but still in this day in age I know guys who truly believe "ladies" are not up to the challenge and are sort of second class.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't argue that, i know many and my wife is one independent soul herself.
In many cases it's just an oversight, but still in this day in age I know guys who truly believe "ladies" are not up to the challenge and are sort of second class.

haha yup, we all know one of "those" guys for sure.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you just look like one of those "pampered girls". jk
Apparently that has been his experience with the fairer sex and he doesn't know different. Hope that isn't a value he instills in his children.:p

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you just look like one of those "pampered girls". jk
Apparently that has been his experience with the fairer sex and he doesn't know different. Hope that isn't a value he instills in his children.:p

hah! I doubt that, lol. You sledding this weekend? I'll be there thursday night leaving sat night.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the members of my car club is female. Cassie is also a j-man heavy-duty mechanic and moonlights as a heavy equiptment operator, but you'd never know it to look at her. She's just a little thing and a girly-girl.

She says she's been asked many times about her car ('53 Oldsmobile) and many are surprised it belongs to her and she's done the majority of the work.

It's pretty funny to go to a napa/parts source/car show and watch her destroy some smartass who doesn't believe she knows whats up.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know manya good looking lil chicas working in the Oilfield "not medics" but actually working, and holding their own VERY well against the ole school "men only" kinda guys!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you didnt waste any time in putting this ASShat in his place! Seriously wonder sometimes about peoples assumptions. As well as the fact that it's really none of their business to know how a persons or couples money is spent.

The looks and responses, or lack of can be entertaining for sure. A lot of times we'll be somewhere and dudes are addressing my other half about the truck, trailer, deck, whatever it may be and I always get a kick out of the look on their faces when he goes 'I dunno, you'd hafta ask her, its her trailer/truck etc' LOL gives me that little smile and inner satisfaction of 'ya thats right, there are plenty of us women out here holding our own in this world'. Some are good, don't miss a beat and turn around to ask me the question, where others kinda do the what? really? kind of look and lack of response, and usually change subject quickly or leave :D

Cant think of any time specific but glad to know there are others out there helpin keep the world in check ;)

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know manya good looking lil chicas working in the Oilfield "not medics" but actually working, and holding their own VERY well against the ole school "men only" kinda guys!

Time for you to pull your head out and smell reality rather than your own chit. Sure some medics are "user friendly" and may not be considered working as a medic in the field, but you did the same thing the post was about, classed the sexes. Medics not working? Agreed some may have trouble with a bandaid, but the majority could actually save your azz, so the not working comment is outta line.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who asks someone about how much they spent on something anyway? My girlfriend always gets some confused looks when she steps out of her car too. Then I get laughed at when I manage to climb out of the passenger seat. I hate how close to the ground some cars are.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny I never even realized that yeah it was rude for his kid (13 at least) to ask how much it was lol. Hopefully he teaches him some better manners but somehow I doubt it. Apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had it happen to me quite a bit too. When I sold my first sled people on the hill it kept referring to it as "his" old sled, but he had nothing to do with me buying it LOL. Small towns are great for rumours haha. I don't pay any attention to it. I have this saying, "what you think (of me) is none of my business." and also "If you have a problem with me it's your problem, not mine" :)

Good thing you made it clear to the kid though, sounds like the dad has strong opinions of his own.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for you to pull your head out and smell reality rather than your own chit. Sure some medics are "user friendly" and may not be considered working as a medic in the field, but you did the same thing the post was about, classed the sexes. Medics not working? Agreed some may have trouble with a bandaid, but the majority could actually save your azz, so the not working comment is outta line.
like GB, I've been in the patch a long time man, and for most of those years when you see a woman out in the middle of nowhere they are either medics or camp cooks/attendants. I don't think he meant anything disrespectful by it.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny I never even realized that yeah it was rude for his kid (13 at least) to ask how much it was lol. Hopefully he teaches him some better manners but somehow I doubt it. Apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree

I don't think the kid was being rude. Maybe he just liked what he saw and is trying to save his pennies for his first sled?
His dad on the other hand....

Had a few people ask my better half in cabins over the years how she liked riding on the back of my sled - always good for a few laughs!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can kind of see why people assume, but come on...it's 2013 and there are some chicks out there that actually buy their own stuff. House, vehicle, toys etc. I know quite a few.

Im gonna need a list of names and phone numbers i don't know enough of those kind of women. Pics would be good too lol

Top Bottom