ASSumptions

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love it when dudes think that I don't what I'm talking about when it comes to mechanics. I also love it when they start yapping and I realize that they don't really have a clue what they are talking about lol.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I have a blended family, we’ve been together for 9 years now, when we met she was a single mom, living on an acreage, she bought on her own, with 2 kids, 4 horses, 2 dogs, 2 cats and working as an Journeyman Instrument tech....In our home now, she's done most of the remolding, including new laminate flooring....

She used to compete at tials riding, she has her own street bike, sled and quad....ok she’s not the strongest rider out there anymore, but neither am I.....I taught her mountain climbing and in return we took up diving, she swims like a fish, I swim more like a rock....diving is a pretty cool way to spend a day....

She looks dam fine in a bathing suit, can dance up a storm and is a great cook.....there are lots of women that look at some of the stuff she does and shake their head, I was married to a gal that didn’t enjoy this life style, my daughter is another one her finance once asked me re her plan to take him hiking and climbing, “ does she know her way around the bush” as he was a city boy that had never camped before, my answer to him, if you want to go there have fun and come home in one piece, I’d listen closely to what she says....now they go hiking, winter camping, quadding, and sledding, she’s working on upgrading her training and getting him some so they can sled in the mountains....

Never judge a book by its cover.....male, female, white,red, black, purple or green, long hair short hair, wearing a dress or coveralls.....appearance tells you nothing, actions speak volumes....

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love it when dudes think that I don't what I'm talking about when it comes to mechanics. I also love it when they start yapping and I realize that they don't really have a clue what they are talking about lol.

haha yup! That happened when my truck was effing up, the guys at the shop tried to tell me it was leaves in my air box when I knew damn well it was the throttle body and not some damn leaves. It took them 3 tries before they finally just replaced the throttle body then gee surprise surprise it worked!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha yup! That happened when my truck was effing up, the guys at the shop tried to tell me it was leaves in my air box when I knew damn well it was the throttle body and not some damn leaves. It took them 3 tries before they finally just replaced the throttle body then gee surprise surprise it worked!

I'm sure as a gal you get it even more but....Auto repair shops are almost all the same, dont feel bad, I get treated that way as well, we wrench on most of our own stuff as I cant stand the way I'm treated at most shops....

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure as a gal you get it even more but....Auto repair shops are almost all the same, dont feel bad, I get treated that way as well, we wrench on most of our own stuff as I cant stand the way I'm treated at most shops....

I would have but this was under warranty. Same place they also tried to tell me the roof of my truck rusting was due to driver abuse...I told them to go pound sand and eventually got them to fix it.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have but this was under warranty. Same place they also tried to tell me the roof of my truck rusting was due to driver abuse...I told them to go pound sand and eventually got them to fix it.

That kind of crap, drives me nuts, but they get away withit far too often as not enough people stand up to them and or know how to.
I was in gettingwarranty work done once and a young guy was being told they would warranty theair filter but not the damage to the motor as it was his responsibility tocheck to his air filter regularly. They had done a service a couple weeks backand the filter wasn’t seated and the motor sucked a punch of crap into it andthe check engine light came on. He didn’t know what was wrong had it towed backto the dealer and was about to authorize them to fix it and he’d pay.....

I was rather unpopular at that dealer ship, when all wasdone, they covered everything, including the tow bill, just to get me out ofthere, I left the guy my number and told him to call me if they tried anythingelse.....this poor kid had tears in his eye....

boostbaby

Reaction score
Had this happen tons of times! I used to have a rice rocket car which everyone always ASSumed it was my bfs car or that "daddy" bought it for me.. nope worked hard every moment I could to pay for that, my college, sleds and my house! I used to drive trucks up in Fort Mac and the one time while we were going for safety training this one male asked if I was a new receptionist on the job site.. I said "noooo I drive truck" his response to me.. "but...but.. your so girly!" I guess rock truck drivers cant have gel nails?? haha. Oh and on my maiden voyage on Pinky we were sitting down at the gas drop and there was a group of guys to the right,I was talking to my group for a bit then took my helmet off and this one guy from the other group comes up to me and says "wow you really are a girl...I just thought you were a guy that liked pink" ummmm last time I checked I was still a girl.. haha MEN! We will never be able to change how they view us all we can do is prove them wrong with dignity and grace and be proud of what we have accomplished!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of the gold mines down in Nevada are using more and more women for truck drivers, and what do you know, the trucks don't seem to break down as often!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, too many guys up here at the mine I work at have the mentality that it isn't theirs, and they don't care about it. They don't bother to keep the truck in the middle of the ramp, they just ride the walls underground.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that given the nature of this site, and the kind of girls who frequent it for information and similar company, there is bound to be a large proportion of extremely independant and capable women responding to this thread. Most of us have had more than one of "those" moments where our looks made people ASSume the girliest things :) The best part is reading the thread and seeing how many women there are who are like minded, independent and loving life to its fullest. It's good to be in GREAT company :p (I only wish my brothers could find girlfriends half as motivated and adventurous... sigh**)

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
**)[/QUOTE]

Sledmamma I know guys that had they dropped off a cliff unexpectedly like you did last Saturday, would have headed straight back to the cabin to change their shorts never mind keep looking for another place to drop in!
Getting to ride with women like you and white06 have totally changed my attitude toward female riders. Not that I thought that women couldn't shred, I just hadn't ever seen it first hand.

Thegeneral

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the first and only I time I met you sledmamma I thought you might be the slow one of the group but then I thought about it and figured if you ran with Tina you must know how to ride well by the end of the day I was the granny in the group lol glad I didn't say anything that day or I would have been put in my spot lol

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna brag but I've been honored to shred with Sledmamma going on two seasons now and she's not only the most awesome, fearless chick rider I know...she's a good friend with the biggest heart you'll ever find! Love this girl! Just proves that women can shred just as good as the guys....it is rare nowadays to find women that double (although mamma and I know of someone that does this, that is a whole OTHER story that is probably worthy of a thread all it's own) bahahahaha
But yeah....looking forward to many more powder and fun filled days with Chelle & Jer....

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife works the counter at one of our Auto parts stores, gets passed over for the guys all the time because the men coming into the store figure she's female and knows nothing,little do they know she's #2 counter-person in the store,just behind a guy that has like 15yrs experience.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from sledding cranbrook and rode with a guy from Ft Mac and my local friends. He had said to my bud how worried he was about riding with some girls, and wasn't sure if we could keep up. Well myself and candice broke trail with him behind, he said later that we could both shred hard which was nice to hear we changed his mind. Later that day we had a turbo cat go down, none of us had a tow strap, so Candice jetted back to my truck to grab some straps while we worked at starting a fire. He looked at my bag of survival gear and said he'd ride with me anytime. I thoroughly enjoy when guys admit they made an assumption and admit that it was wrong. Great weekend.

Oh and also had brought my gf out for her bday to sled for the first time ever and holy man did she do good, I was impressed. I ASSumed that she wasn't going to be as good as she was, so my bad!!!

Top Bottom