Area's Around St. Albert

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just park in walmart in st.albert and go north, truck is safe there. Just don't get caught on the sled. \LOL I run along hwy 2 in ditches anywhere north is good....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like he ditch from Clyde to Athabasca when there is a good amount of snow.

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea clyde to athabaska is pretty good ditch bangin

standclear

Reaction score
theres really not many place near st. albert to go quading. there are however a couple really nice place to ride within a couple of hours of st. albert. one of them are just outside of the town of red water, during summer its a good place if you have a sports quad because there are a lot of jumps and most of the trails are sand, good place for sheding in the winter too. another good place is near bruderheim which is just past fort saskatchewan, LOT of trails, has some thing for everyone, sand, mud, trails. but atlast you cant beat bighorn dam which is just past nordegg, 5 hours away but well worth it for a fun weekend.

Trencher

Reaction score
"You are, however, allowed to go upstream from Big Lake on the Sturgeon, which is a nice ride" Yes it would be a nice ride you just have to watch out for the barbed wire going across the river at a few places.... Just west of Hwy 44 you can only go 1/4 km and the farmer has it barbed straight across. Be careful of the fences but enjoy also be careful of thin ice i was out today north on the Hwy 37 and broke through in two places on a 10km ride. That was why it was so short!! Anyways good luck man. Another place to mabe lok into is Goose Tower Road North of Swan Hills which is a descent place to ride as well. !.5 hr NW of you but worth the drive.

Dibblit

Reaction score
That is the dumbest s$%t ever! a bird sanctuary? the lake is frozen. what is the harm in riding on it? its FROZEN! and i could be wrong but i have never seen a bird on the lake when it is -20...

thats to bad that you dont understand the concept of a bird sanctuary. even if there are no birds on the lake the carbon footprint left behind from your sled stays there till summer, it even mixes in with the water when the snow melts. wow just think about taking a bath or maby even drinking the chemicals that your sled uses to go across the lake! its people who are ignorint to these facts that are making it increasingly difficult to ride on crown land.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya , tough sledding in St Albert area anymore . Sturgeon county has a bylaw that prohibits ohv , best trailer out to namaio , north of hwy 37 on hwy 28 [ 97th street ] and unload on the service road , popular , or on hwy 37 west of hwy 44 a few miles on campsite road :nono:

rogcan

Reaction score
Big Lake is owned by Ducks Unlimited but it is not illegal to ride on it so i dont know why you got that info from them as it's false... Lived here all my life on a farm north of the big lake where the river goes thru my land so i'm positive on that answer.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big Lake is owned by Ducks Unlimited but it is not illegal to ride on it so i dont know why you got that info from them as it's false... Lived here all my life on a farm north of the big lake where the river goes thru my land so i'm positive on that answer.

Just stay out of the Lois Hole Provincial Centenial Park.:eek:formed 2005

Bruce

rogcan

Reaction score
just park in walmart in st.albert and go north, truck is safe there. Just don't get caught on the sled. \LOL I run along hwy 2 in ditches anywhere north is good....

That's a very stupid idea... Your just making my city make more rules for us not to ride anywhere near here so please dont...

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not search, Sturgeon County, BYLAW 1026/04, BYLAW REGULATIING THE OPERATION OF OFF HIGHWAY VEHICLES WITHIN STURGEON COUNTY.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bruce.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is for those that don't want to search. The Sturgeon Valley ban (between Highway 2 and 28) includes the Sturgeon River south of highway 37.

"Effective December 14, 2004, the operation of off highway vehicles are banned from the Sandy Lake Wilderness area, Cardiff Park and Sturgeon Valley area (extending from Highway 2 east to Highway 28 and Highway 37 south to the city limits)."

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats to bad that you dont understand the concept of a bird sanctuary. even if there are no birds on the lake the carbon footprint left behind from your sled stays there till summer, it even mixes in with the water when the snow melts. :nono:! its people who are ignorint to these facts that are making it increasingly difficult to ride on crown land.

WTF!! this is a sled and quad site, go push your drivel elsewhere.

M7Plus

Reaction score
another good area for ditch banging right now is north of fort assinaboin towards swan hills. the ditches a huge and tons of snow right now!

Top Bottom