Are you a Oilers, Oil Kings, or Rush Fan?

Reaction score
Hello my name is Danielle Smith and I am a Master’s student in the Department of Sport Management at Brock University in St.Catharines, Ontario. I am looking to recruit dedicated Oilers/Oil Kings/Rush fans who attend games at Rexall Place to support any of these beloved teams. I will soon be conducting an online focus group involving Oilers hockey fans, Oil Kings hockey fans and Rush lacrosse fans to better understand why some Edmonton area fans attend games for some teams and not others. As such, I am specifically looking for fans of the Oilers/ Oil Kings who attend Oilers/Oil Kings games at Rexall Place but do not attend Rush lacrosse games at Rexall Place. ALSO I am looking for Rush fans who attend Rush games at Rexall Place. If you are interested in participating, please email me at danielle.smith@brocku.ca.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think all the fans have left town,lol they went to Calgary

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never been an oilers fan, not much for the oil kings either as they are the same as the oilers, I am a Rush fan , have had season tickets from first season, I would rather support a team that the players have regular jobs and play for the love of the game then support a bunch of no talent NHL players who don't give two s&^ts about the game

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always followed and been a dedicated Oilers fan, but just sometimes have a hard time paying the prices that you need to pay to go to a game. I still support the Oilers and they'll still be my NHL team, but now have just found something where each game counts, and means something on a way smaller scale that you can actually keep track of.
The NHL got too big for itself where a player couldn't keep track of who was trading who and who the new guys were, and finally every game in there 80 game season doesn't mean as much as a short season with less games and teams.
Where the Rush play more for the love of the game and the intensity never stops at 1/4 of the price of the Oilers.
I was at almost every playoff game the Oilers have been in, for the last 20 years or so,(excluding the glory years, but watched from home due to my age), and have supported them during the regular season, but now have found something alot more affordable where each game counts, and you still get the high intensity from the players playing more for the love of the game then a big fat paycheck.

Reaction score
Hey

I think some of you would be great for my study. I could really use your participation. It will online be 2-4 weeks of your time and its an online forum so you can post as you please. I think some of you could be a great contributor.

Let me know

:)

Top Bottom