Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000i H.O

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it that AC has such a horrible winter, and somehow their Stock Market Share price has doubled since last fall lol Fishy... Either they are doing something right, or they are VERY good at ripping people off. I love Arctic cat, i have a M1000 myself. But I am just hearing the horror stories about this winters line-up and i feel for anyone that paid the big price tag and had these issues, I considered to get a new turbo (glad i didnt) This whole buildling everything cheaper and selling for more is really makin me think twice about getting a new unit these days. I was considering the wildcat. But with that price-tag it had better be a sure thing. For any UTV for that matter. I am seriously considering just rebuildling my old toys from the ground up and spending $15000 on both and having two bad ass units instead of one overpriced "maybe"

Reaction score
Just a warning for all wildcat owners,

I was out today with some guys who had brought one. The thing almost burnt down due to electrical fire, but was quickly extinguished(going back for warranty). It started right by the battery. The wiring harness was in a terrible location and the driveshaft started to rub through the wires. So take off the center console and inspect and reroute the wires if need be. Be a shame to have someone's weekend ruined because of this.

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a warning for all wildcat owners,

I was out today with some guys who had brought one. The thing almost burnt down due to electrical fire, but was quickly extinguished(going back for warranty). It started right by the battery. The wiring harness was in a terrible location and the driveshaft started to rub through the wires. So take off the center console and inspect and reroute the wires if need be. Be a shame to have someone's weekend ruined because of this.

How was the performance otherwise? haha

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had as few rides in our xt 1000 commander and as a family with the added rear seat for small kids its doing great. Have to get used to the pedel but my fellow rider who got me in to riding said it had more than a rzr 800. ( pick up) we had vincent 5000 grizzly 660 he had Honda s grizzly s ene 800 pwler 1000 and a rzr 800. If want try A&E Racing in Broooks ask for Tony. He sells both, might let u test a popo vs a can am but to u

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
How is it that AC has such a horrible winter, and somehow their Stock Market Share price has doubled since last fall lol Fishy... Either they are doing something right, or they are VERY good at ripping people off. I love Arctic cat, i have a M1000 myself. But I am just hearing the horror stories about this winters line-up and i feel for anyone that paid the big price tag and had these issues, I considered to get a new turbo (glad i didnt) This whole buildling everything cheaper and selling for more is really makin me think twice about getting a new unit these days. I was considering the wildcat. But with that price-tag it had better be a sure thing. For any UTV for that matter. I am seriously considering just rebuildling my old toys from the ground up and spending $15000 on both and having two bad ass units instead of one overpriced "maybe"
It was predicted that they would gain market share, reason being is because of all the hype that AC is comming out with new "super" sleds that alot of people went out an bought one, this is what affects the market share, its AFTER all these sales that all the bad stuff started happening, but because of the high sales volume thats what affects the market share. What you ill see for next year, and a year or two after is a stedy drop in the market share for AC, because of all the problems, AC lost alot of customers this year AFTER they bought thier MY 2012 cat.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had as few rides in our xt 1000 commander and as a family with the added rear seat for small kids its doing great. Have to get used to the pedel but my fellow rider who got me in to riding said it had more than a rzr 800. ( pick up) we had vincent 5000 grizzly 660 he had Honda s grizzly s ene 800 pwler 1000 and a rzr 800. If want try A&E Racing in Broooks ask for Tony. He sells both, might let u test a popo vs a can am but to u

You shouldn't drink and type! Lol

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
what??

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

haha, does it mean I should quit drinking because I understood this?

Top Bottom