Aquariums

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went today and got my little guy an aquarium for his birthday. I'm feeling a little violated after leaving the pet store! The very nice sales person told me what I needed and the "starter kit" price, to which I responded "You know that these are just a glass box to store fish in right?". So after filters, and heaters, and special rocks, and bla bla bla, I'm about $400 poorer. I think I may have f'd up when I told her I knew absolutely nothing about these things.:(

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good for you for getting your son an aquarium. My kids have learned so much from theirs. Sometimes spending a little extra upon start up saves alot of money in the long run, when you don't have to deal with fish getting sick, dying, or equipment that doesn't function to its highest potential.

Good stuff!

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$400.00 isnt a bad price for a 50 gallon tank

It's only a 20 gallon setup. I'm sure it will be worth it when he sees it tomorrow. And the wife is totally infatuated with it, she sat and stared at them for quite a while last night and tonight after work.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
assuming it's freshwater if you've got fish in it already?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's only a 20 gallon setup. I'm sure it will be worth it when he sees it tomorrow. And the wife is totally infatuated with it, she sat and stared at them for quite a while last night and tonight after work.

yupp when i got mine it was better than watching tv ..

my nephew has 6 tanks set-up ... and needless to say a lot of fish

Cranky

Reaction score
You will have to make feeding a part of your routine. So make sure the aquarium is somewhere visible enough that you'd be reminded to feed the fish.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think $400 for all that MIGHT be a little much, i know it was a mistake when i bought something and saying i knew nothing about it, they told me that it needed this and that and a bit of this, and in the end i got nothing out of it

Top Bottom