Apex hotgrips

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Apex mountain and hotgrips and thumb do not work.Theres no power getting to them,well only about 4 volts. They run through the cdi and ive swapt that out, anybody run into this problem before?

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not run into that specific problem. When they failed on my old Summit, I scrapped the original system and went with the heated grids from Royal Distributing. They were warmer than the Doo ones and under 30 bucks. I just went to the dealer for a set for my Kitty and it was 120. They must be 4 times better, Right ????

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
I would just bypass the system and wire in my own, the problem is that it sets off a code and the engine light comes on. Its a very lame system.

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
That is great, cause they used to suck ass, but the problem is they dont work at all. Ive tried to trace the power source back and am having no luck,im very good at wiring and have the scematics but this one is being a real pain in my ass. And as you know you cant hang on to the sled with big mits, so my hands are always cold.

Adrenaline Vince

Reaction score
No the schematic doesnt help, ive phone a few shops and theve got no clue, ive even went as far as to get Riverside to Email Yamaha and apparently they cant help either. Ive been pulling wrenches a long time and there isnt much I cant figure out, but this ones realy messin with me. Tomorrow il phone the big shops in BC and see if there any help,they werent last year.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Assuming you have checked the warmers for an open circuit, I wired my own sled back in 06 so that the warmers were in parallel instead of series, they were so hot you could only run on about 3 bars on the guage. Yamaha actually came out with an update kit later that did the same with different grips with less draw. heck all the connections, they are all plug in, you may have a loose connector or some corrosion.

Top Bottom