Anyone Know a good place to ride close to edmonton?

Elenor84

Reaction score
Hello, well now that the snow is here I am hoping to go out later this week. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions on where I could go for a quick and hopefully flat/open place to ride? I have a couple older sleds and just want to get them going for the first ride of the season. Anyone know any good feilds? I was thinking about going to the lake, and maybe just bombing around there (probably not on the lake). Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out at pigeon lake is pretty good, the lake is mostly frozen and i would stick to the edge, was out there 2 weeks ago and it was awesome, or if you go straight north on 50th street till you get to highway 37 hang a left then go past sunnyside road take a right at Cameron road (range road 241)go past the stop sign till you hit a bridge and there is a huge staging area on the left, you can ride the sturgeon river and you can ride some of the fields there too

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
Well there is one place called "Coal Lake" Everyone goes there to sled, its basically a really long lake, looks like a river, in a valley. So on either side there are big hills, and then the flat lake in the middle. If there's enough snow its a really good place to go. Its just south of edmonton, north of Gwyn.

Reaction score
go out 50st, thru of Beamount go south until you hit secondary hiway 623 you will see the the staging area just south of the intersection.

jonnymartini

Reaction score
hey bud, out buy coal lake is pretty fun it pretty much goes right into nisku/leduc lots of pretty fun hills just gotta watch out the wind likes to take the snow off the tops and the north side of the coolie usually is pretty bare from the sun melting the snow. if you want to go a bit further you could go to alder flats go south down #2 till you hit highway 13 go strait till the road turns into gravel and pick a lease site to stage at im pretty sure there is a staging area but not sure exacty where sorry, also you could go to donelda about 1 and 25 min from edmonton, loads of coolies that go forever!!!! just go to dinos to unload im sure he wont mind you leaving your truck there for a few hours, just have a bite to eat (awesome food) take the henday south to 14 (camrose, wainright turn off) take 14 to highway 21, go down 21 past haylakes, past camrose till you get to bashaw turn east on to 53 go strait till you hit donelda. i ride there alot there is not alot of people to bug you and there are tons of hills to play on, just go down to the old ski hill and hit the coolies running!!! all the gate should be open just be respectful to the property!! hope this helped have fun sleddin!!

jonnymartini

Reaction score
hey bud, out buy coal lake is pretty fun it pretty much goes right into nisku/leduc lots of pretty fun hills just gotta watch out the wind likes to take the snow off the tops and the north side of the coolie usually is pretty bare from the sun melting the snow. if you want to go a bit further you could go to alder flats go south down #2 till you hit highway 13 go strait till the road turns into gravel and pick a lease site to stage at im pretty sure there is a staging area but not sure exacty where sorry, also you could go to donelda about 1 and 25 min from edmonton, loads of coolies that go forever!!!! just go to dinos to unload im sure he wont mind you leaving your truck there for a few hours, just have a bite to eat (awesome food) take the henday south to 14 (camrose, wainright turn off) take 14 to highway 21, go down 21 past haylakes, past camrose till you get to bashaw turn east on to 53 go strait till you hit donelda. i ride there alot there is not alot of people to bug you and there are tons of hills to play on, just go down to the old ski hill and hit the coolies running!!! all the gate should be open just be respectful to the property!! hope this helped have fun sleddin!!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out at pigeon lake is pretty good, the lake is mostly frozen and i would stick to the edge, was out there 2 weeks ago and it was awesome, or if you go straight north on 50th street till you get to highway 37 hang a left then go past sunnyside road take a right at Cameron road (range road 241)go past the stop sign till you hit a bridge and there is a huge staging area on the left, you can ride the sturgeon river and you can ride some of the fields there too

You can't even park down there anymore.. They've posted no parking signs, and the rcmp patrol it pretty often apparently,

Top Bottom