Anyone change there Skis?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new set of 8" powder hounds i pulled of my last year Proclimb and was thinking about putting them on the Xm. Mostly for cosmetic reasons but curious if it will affect handling for better or worse. Anyone do it yet?

yammyman

Reaction score
I hear lots of good things about those powder hounds. How do you like em on your other sled. I'm thinking of getting them for my XM. The stockers work well but I know of some people running those on an XM and they're a definite improvement!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a set of MODS skis on the XM for a while .. but there hasn't been any snow to try them out .. they are about the same on icy trails is all i can say .. sigh!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hated the hounds on my '04. Great for the light and fluffy but sucked in the heavy snow. Liked to plow alot at lower speeds instead of popping up on the snow. No problems or complaints with the stockers on my xm.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinkin about some usi triple threats or polaris gripper's for some extra float in the pow, Anyone tried either??

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8" skis are for yami"s

Im thinking your right. I had them on my nightmare of a sled 2012 proclimb 1100t which weighed about 850 pounds so i needed the width to keep it on top the snow instead of nuclear submarine diving. On that note they are for sale if anyone is wanting a pair! Thanks for the input.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read a couple forums that fellas have tried just about every ski out there and the Polaris Grippers are suppose to be the best they have tried. This was from over on Doo Talk and a Doo guy .
Others ahave tried them and confirm the same findings.
I just installed a set on mine but haven't tried them yet but a nice light ski and not bad price. :d

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well any of them would be an improvement in the looks dept. The stock XM ski have to be the ugliest things on the market. The XM has that vietnamese pot bellied pig, stubby nosed, fat cheeked look to start with, the big fat ski and hoop sure dont help.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was pretty happy with the stock DS2's. Never heard anything bad about the Polaris grippers or the MODS either though.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you really feel????????? lol

Well any of them would be an improvement in the looks dept. The stock XM ski have to be the ugliest things on the market. The XM has that vietnamese pot bellied pig, stubby nosed, fat cheeked look to start with, the big fat ski and hoop sure dont help.

Top Bottom