Anybody else getting snow?

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
almost no snow here in tagish yt. Starting to consider sacrificing a goat or two! Lol.

seriously though. This is so far the worst start to the season i have ever seen.
anyone else feeling the sting?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
October started off with a bang and some people saw some of the earliest riding in years. Then a 2-3 warming period and no significant precip. Blame it on the closest the moon has been in 85 years and the additional solar flares or blame it on Trump, but its lead to a slow start.

It is near impossible to predict what the remainder of the season will look like. Other parts of the world have seen significant snow falls already. I think this season if you aren't prepared to chase some storms and be ready to ride when the snow is good you will have a disappointing season.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The Elk Valley in south eastern BC is coming along slowly. Access is still an issue; icy roads and rocks. They say a good base but I haven't talked to anyone who has "looked" at the base. They are just riding on it so I don't know yet what the avi situation will be like. There have been other years when the start date has been late and sometimes it has been into December. I remember one year not riding until Christmas. That was a long wait................grrrrrrr

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my yard outside of Cranbrook we have 2-3 inches of snow, this is the earliest the kids have been able to ride the sleds or toboggan in years.
The hills are white and I see trucks going by with sleds but I am unable to get out and check for myself how much is actually up there.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rode castle this morning, left half a set of skis on the trail in, but snow was rideable up top. Bout noon it started raining, and buddy spit out a slider, so we came back down.

The rain will likely ruin what's left up there this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is stupid. what happened to the farmers almanac? record la nina snowfalls.... snow so deep you'll be swimming it it.... is there going to be any snow in the future? so fricken frustrating

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
October started off with a bang and some people saw some of the earliest riding in years. Then a 2-3 warming period and no significant precip. Blame it on the closest the moon has been in 85 years and the additional solar flares or blame it on Trump, but its lead to a slow start.

It is near impossible to predict what the remainder of the season will look like. Other parts of the world have seen significant snow falls already. I think this season if you aren't prepared to chase some storms and be ready to ride when the snow is good you will have a disappointing season.

It's seems it's been that way for years with the heavy traffic the areas see if your not storm riding or day after there's usually cross tracks unless your going to the more remote zones even they are seeing an increase in users plus the warmer winters don't helping that's why my bags always packed so to speak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is stupid. what happened to the farmers almanac? record la nina snowfalls.... snow so deep you'll be swimming it it.... is there going to be any snow in the future? so fricken frustrating
Wher have you been? Haven't you heard how all our years of fun have caused global warming? This is the price we pay.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went out Saturday and the snow was pretty skinny, still it was nice to get out for a "trail ride". Didn't wanna venture off the main trail to far and hit something. For weeks it rained here and got some good snow up top but then it warmed up up top and rained and now that the temps are cooling off the percipitation in the forecast isn't calling for really much. The ski hill here is suppose to open this coming weekend, they might but there's going to be a lot of hazards up there if it does open. I've bought seasons passes for the ski hill for the wife and I 6 out of the last 7 years and we only had one year up there where the snow was excellent all year the other years were hit and miss and one year not snowing a single cm in December.

Top Bottom