Any word on Niels low boost kit??

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says. I know I'm not the only guy interested in a low boost kit. So just looking to see if there's any news on it.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Sorry for being so quiet about this kit, we just really wanted to get some quality miles on the sled first.
First day we had it out it worked amazingly well and was getting put through its paces by numerous people, then bang! Driveshaft done and a chopper ride.
My dealer was awesome and had me a new shaft and a clamp in a couple days and we were back out riding.
We now have about 250 miles on it and has run perfect until today when we stripped a quick drive belt warming up for the wetaskwin drag races. It didn't like the 10 lbs boost apparently. That was the only time we turned up the boost from its preset value of 6 lbs for low elevation and 4-5 lbs at elevation.
We have never run a wideband on this sled and only use a temp boost gauge for tuning.
This sled runs with no gauges so looks like a total sleeper.
For comparison, it will easily drive by a 1100 cat turbo and run with a good Nytro to about 14 lbs.
We had it on the scale today at the races and it was 480 lbs with 1/4 tank showing on the gauge.
It is a cool package and uses the same garrett 2863 gtx turbo as our high output kit.
Instead of an intercooler we use a tunnel mounted fuel cooler to cool the fuel before it enters the motor.
The fuel box must have one setting adjusted once on the way up the mountain and once on the way down. The adjustment is easy and takes less then 30 seconds. No other adjustments are needed. This is an adjustment for altitude, but if always riding a similar altitude then no adjustments are needed.
We are confident and happy with the kit and are now taking orders.
Please let me know if there are any questions.
Thanks

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the drive shaft that blew have a clamp on it or was it stock??

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you looking at for final hp numbers (roughly) and is this kit complete with clutching ,wideband?etc
final ? price?

NM

Reaction score
What are you looking at for final hp numbers (roughly) and is this kit complete with clutching ,wideband?etc
final ? price?
We really don't like to put a horsepower number on our kits because it is always changing with boost pressure, elevation, charge temps, etc. I'm sure it would easily be close to 200hp at 5 lbs boost at sea level.
At this point the kit is 5800.00 plus tax. It does come complete with clutching. Gauges are optional. We are not running gauges on our sled.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha..tell you what, you get me a contact at BRP that will tell me everything I want to know and I will build one just for you!!
I'll get right on that! lol. You want someone smart or a paper pusher? Lmao!!

NM

Reaction score
I'll get right on that! lol. You want someone smart or a paper pusher? Lmao!!
I want the guy that writes the software for the ecu, but he must have dirty hands or I'm not interested. Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want the guy that writes the software for the ecu, but he must have dirty hands or I'm not interested. Lol

Well that narrows the search but actually makes it harder. Lol.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for being so quiet about this kit, we just really wanted to get some quality miles on the sled first.
First day we had it out it worked amazingly well and was getting put through its paces by numerous people, then bang! Driveshaft done and a chopper ride.
My dealer was awesome and had me a new shaft and a clamp in a couple days and we were back out riding.
We now have about 250 miles on it and has run perfect until today when we stripped a quick drive belt warming up for the wetaskwin drag races. It didn't like the 10 lbs boost apparently. That was the only time we turned up the boost from its preset value of 6 lbs for low elevation and 4-5 lbs at elevation.
We have never run a wideband on this sled and only use a temp boost gauge for tuning.
This sled runs with no gauges so looks like a total sleeper.
For comparison, it will easily drive by a 1100 cat turbo and run with a good Nytro to about 14 lbs.
We had it on the scale today at the races and it was 480 lbs with 1/4 tank showing on the gauge.
It is a cool package and uses the same garrett 2863 gtx turbo as our high output kit.
Instead of an intercooler we use a tunnel mounted fuel cooler to cool the fuel before it enters the motor.
The fuel box must have one setting adjusted once on the way up the mountain and once on the way down. The adjustment is easy and takes less then 30 seconds. No other adjustments are needed. This is an adjustment for altitude, but if always riding a similar altitude then no adjustments are needed.
We are confident and happy with the kit and are now taking orders.
Please let me know if there are any questions.
Thanks

Shouldn't the higher boost be at altitude?

NM

Reaction score
Shouldn't the higher boost be at altitude?[/QUOTE
The wastegate rod is fixed, so that is where the numbers land. Turbo kits will always make more boost at lower elevation unless the wastegate is electronically controlled for air pressure changes or the boost is turned up manually.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the higher boost be at altitude?

The wastegate rod is fixed, so that is where the numbers land. Turbo kits will always make more boost at lower elevation unless the wastegate is electronically controlled for air pressure changes or the boost is turned up manually.

I see now what you are saying. So a logical upgrade would be adjustable boost. If you can safely run 6lb at low altitude then 7-7.5 at high alt should be no problem. And the best point of having a turbo is performance at altitude.

Reactions: NM

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see now what you are saying. So a logical upgrade would be adjustable boost. If you can safely run 6lb at low altitude then 7-7.5 at high alt should be no problem. And the best point of having a turbo is performance at altitude.

NM is talking about his low boost kit, made to run 4 or 5 lbs.
They already have the water/air high boost kit out that they run the bigger boost numbers on.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

WesG

Reaction score
Neil what are you doing for an airbox on this setup? What are you suing for fuel? Av? A blend?

Wes

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil what are you doing for an airbox on this setup? What are you suing for fuel? Av? A blend?

Wes

bump up to the top. kit looks sweet
Neil do you have any pics of the low booster or a list of parts included with this kit?

Last edited:

NM

Reaction score

Wes
Hey Wes, I just got back from 5 days of tree bashing in Revy and the sled ran great. We actually have it running on straight pump now. I had to bang and smash up a long cutblock at about 4500 ft and even though the charge temps came way up, the sled never hit detonation. It was getting a bit rich on the top end, but I made a quick adjustment on the xic and it fixed it right up. I am happy with the map now and have it set up for the increased charge temps compared to our water to air kit. We may add intake air temps correction to the xic. We played around with it last season but decided we didn't need to use it because of the water to air.

Top Bottom