Any Unimog'ers out there?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone own one or had one? Before my life is over I must have one...just cause!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get them for decent costs, but they are very limited in operation.

Funny enough, they'll do and go through just about anything, but their top speed sucks and the mileage is bad. They aren't powerhouses.

I'd love one though. If I didn't have to pay for a house and somewhere to keep a semi, I'd have one.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get 4 door ones too! PTO in frount and back they are a great, just like a tractor. You can change out to hiway gears top speed of 85-95 km which would be a hand full I'm sure but they are very cool! IMO

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5coV-fKR8[/media]

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there's ever been a candidate for a Cummins swap, that's it.

Take the most capable off road vehicle of all time and then bump up the power 500%.:d

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of them around town. I've also seen one of those climb. Pretty wild

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get 4 door ones too! PTO in frount and back they are a great, just like a tractor. You can change out to hiway gears top speed of 85-95 km which would be a hand full I'm sure but they are very cool! IMO

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5coV-fKR8[/media]

Yup, that's what I heard. Just shy of 100 km's and those who go that fast don't enjoy it.

They do have quite a few hop ups for the diesels and turbo diesels, but at best they are still gutless at high speeds. They are geared to go slow and work.

They actually started off as a "tractor" to take crop into town.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there's ever been a candidate for a Cummins swap, that's it.

Take the most capable off road vehicle of all time and then bump up the power 500%.:d

They would be cool with the I6, all the wiring would have to be swapped too I think they are 24volt

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bc4x4.com has a thead in there forum about mogs, lately there has been alot of interest in them, and yeah i want one too, or a tatra just to be different.I want to make one into a motorhome/expedition vehicle.

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
I owned a 1971 UNIMOG 416 for almost ten years before it had to be sold (with everything else) in a divorce.

Bring on the Jeep with 40's. The MOG will outclimb anything I have ever seen. I was also into MB G-wagens, though the four I owned were trail machines, the last one on 35's, full lockers, custom lift etc etc. I though the G was an awesome off-roader, which it is but the year I brought the MOG to Moab evrything changed. That tractor will climb dang near straight up. Nobody would even ride in it with me.

Mine had front an rear hydraulics, the rare telescoping bed lift cylinder and I had a big a$$ snowplow for the front of it. It was tougher than nails. My buddy and I plowed snow, he had a 3/4 Ford. He spent two hours with chains on all four wheels of his truck to plow 20 yards into an unplowed driveway one spring. The snow was really set up and over three feet deep. I put chains on the back of the MOG...it went through in third gear...uphill for half a mile. We plowed that driveway out in 15 mintues.

They are a definate MUST HAVE toy.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I too love the Unimog, but was in Quebec with a guy setting up to run the Paris-Dakkar race, and they had a Kamaz support truck. I have tried for 2 years to bring one into Canada as an oilfield truck with no sucess. If you think the Uni is great, you have to see this beast!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlYjae7uSoQ[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom